Bow for child- archery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took oldest daughter to Hunger Games 2. Am now being asked for bow and arrows for xmas. Ay suggestions? I doubt this will become a serious hobby, but you never know. Need to start out as cheap as possible without buying trash.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking in the same direction, mine is only 5, so dont know if he has strength, coordination yet.

And $200 is about 4 times too rich for me.

There are several at Academy, Bear, Barnett, recurve , compound, finger roll or release.

About 25# pull was the least I could find , untill you get into the $250 dollar range.

The local archery shop had a decent one , dont remember the name for about $60

It would be better if I could let him try some out, I dunno.

He's interested , he watches his Dad and me shoot my PSE, he can hold it up and attempt to make the pull.

Might just go with the Nerf for now, he can learn form without hurting.....for now

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She just wants a real bow. I don't know anything about how to shoot arrows well, and I'm not dumping $300 dollars into an experiment on the curiosity of an eleven-year-old. Looks like the Academy special is in order. Thanks for the advice, and merry xmas.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She just wants a real bow. I don't know anything about how to shoot arrows well, and I'm not dumping $300 dollars into an experiment on the curiosity of an eleven-year-old. Looks like the Academy special is in order. Thanks for the advice, and merry xmas.

And Merry Christmas to You and Yours

Goodluck.... ;)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Have been going back and forth for the last several months between a Mission Craze and the Diamond(Bowtech) Infinite Edge...........and finally going with the Edge. Both had great reviews on several sights. The edge is adjustable from 5-70lbs draw weight, 13-30" draw lengths, 75% let off. Comes with Hostage rest, sights, peep sight, quiver and D loop. Everything is adjustable without a bow press too! So we had her setup and shooting this afternoon..........will rate it a 10/10 as advertised and fit for her(10yo). Had a bucket full of Bass Pro Gift cards so that helped a little with the decision on the Edge as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom