10 Commandments Monument Will Not Be Up For Breakfast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://m.newsok.com/ten-commandment...from-grounds-of-state-capitol/article/5430792

The Ten Commandments monument must be removed from the grounds of the state Capitol, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
In a 7-2 opinion the Supreme Court found the placement of the monument on the grounds of the state Capitol violate Article 2, Section 5, of the Oklahoma Constitution which prohibits the use of public money or property to directly or indirectly benefit a “church denomination or system of religion.”

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People wanted true equality, here's a part of it. I don't personally see why it's a big deal. I align with Christianity, but if you want true equality and freedom, you'd better prepare to not like everything that occurs when others exercise it.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was purchased by donated money? Just can't be on public property.
Legislators spent a good deal of time during the session arguing about it.
Then the legal costs associated with defending it through the court system.
Then that goofball ran over it and law enforcement got involved too.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People wanted true equality, here's a part of it. I don't personally see why it's a big deal. I align with Christianity, but if you want true equality and freedom, you'd better prepare to not like everything that occurs when others exercise it.

are you referring to to true equality as in allowing the monument or as in removing it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom