Polymer pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine's the newer version. Top notch firearm. No malfunctions, still looks new. Better than a Glock? For me, yes. For you, maybe not.

Again as others have said, you can't go wrong with the one you just "like". Buy it. Carry it. Shoot it. Have fun.

Newer non Duty version has much better slide coating and much better trigger shape. Love my CZ P series pistols.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see nobody has mentioned the Smith & Wesson SD9VE or the SD40VE.

[Broken External Image]

Mostly because their triggers suck, but other than that, the SD series is an awesome, yet highly overlooked weapon.

NOT to be confused with the Smith & Wesson "Sigma" series of weapons which never really caught on, the SD series has several features that actually work. Including dovetailed front and rear sights, a rail that actually works if you wanna mount a light or lazer, a more textured grip that provides a better purchase and a squared M&P style trigger guard which if for no other reason LOOKS better than that damned atrocity on the Sigma.

All in all, the SD is one helluva pistol. One that I wouldn't hesitate in the least to stake my life upon.

My son-in-law just bought one and I gotta say...it feels better in my hand than my Glock 22. And it's super accurate right outta da box.

For around 3 bills, it would be a nice addition to your polymer pistol collection. :thumb::thumb:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the HK fanboy club. Before the P30 came out I was all in for the USP & USP Compact. The triggers are noticeably non-target esque but I still do my best shooting with the USP Tactical. Once the P30 came out, I was sold on the superb ergonomics and combination of size/capacity. I prefer hammered guns over strikers and in my opinion nothing beats the P30 in that department. If I was to go to a striker, it would be the VP9.

One of the hardest decisions I would ever have to make is choosing between my USP 45 Tac and the P30L.
I just got a P2000sk with the LEM, and it is amazing. Next on my list is the P2000, also with LEM, then maybe a P30 (ditto). I do like the LEM trigger.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Glock 17, but a couple weeks ago I got to shoot the new SIG P320, and I have to say it impressed me more than any pistol has in a long long time, and I'm not usually a SIG fan. It is definitely the future of handguns. Neither the grip frame nor the slide/barrel assembly is the serialized part... only the striker unit... which comes out of the gun very easily. This means you can swap out different grip frames and slides to make it whatever size you want. It also has a fantastic trigger... it's a hammerless DAO that is lighter, shorter and crisper than any striker-fired gun, and has re-strike capability. A LOT of innovation definitely went into this gun. Mags are still expensive, but hopefully they will settle down as they become more popular. The only other thing I don't like about it is how high the bore line is over the backstrap... Classic SIG. It shot great though. If I get another pistol any time soon, it will probably be one of these.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I see nobody has mentioned the Smith & Wesson SD9VE or the SD40VE.

[Broken External Image]

Mostly because their triggers suck, but other than that, the SD series is an awesome, yet highly overlooked weapon.

NOT to be confused with the Smith & Wesson "Sigma" series of weapons which never really caught on, the SD series has several features that actually work. Including dovetailed front and rear sights, a rail that actually works if you wanna mount a light or lazer, a more textured grip that provides a better purchase and a squared M&P style trigger guard which if for no other reason LOOKS better than that damned atrocity on the Sigma.

All in all, the SD is one helluva pistol. One that I wouldn't hesitate in the least to stake my life upon.

My son-in-law just bought one and I gotta say...it feels better in my hand than my Glock 22. And it's super accurate right outta da box.

For around 3 bills, it would be a nice addition to your polymer pistol collection. :thumb::thumb:

Hey GED!! Long time no see!

I've considered one of those for my mom, but I'm wanting something with a "series" so to speak, so I can ultimately get multiple lengths/sizes for different purposes but have the platform and function be the same across them. Which rules out the SD9.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a P2000sk with the LEM, and it is amazing. Next on my list is the P2000, also with LEM, then maybe a P30 (ditto). I do like the LEM trigger.

I would definitely handle the P30 before getting the P2000. The ergonomics are a major upgrade. I have a LEM that I might sale at some point.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Except for my S&W revolvers(Pre lock-pre MIM) I've gone back to Glock pistol's. I do have a few all steel pistol's, but for tactical, and carry I use nothing but Glocks.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except for my S&W revolvers(Pre lock-pre MIM) I've gone back to Glock pistol's. I do have a few all steel pistol's, but for tactical, and carry I use nothing but Glocks.

WELL! It's ABOUT time! :slap:

Damned ol' dinosaur.
glocktalk.com_images_smilies_fred.gif

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In my experience, the G17's butt is much more difficult to conceal than either the G19 or M&P. I tried to carry a G17, but it printed more than I was comfortable with. On my body (a fat one), the G19 and M&P carry and conceal nearly identically. If I were to give an edge to the G19, it would be because it's a little lighter than the M&P (less mass, and less ammo)...but a good holster mostly mitigates that. Just my experience. If a G19 carries easier to you, I'll assume it's due to your romance-novelish, panty-dropping body type.

hahah! cant makes all the difference, imo.
What I do nowadays is get a cheap holster with only one clip and wear it for a week, moving it around. Then I take a pic of it and measure the cant and preferred depth as best I can and have a custom one made

Latest posts

Top Bottom