Questions regarding private gun sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StephanieD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never mind, this place is so paranoid! I ask a simple question & people start calling me names that I don't even know the meaning of & accusing me of doing things that I don't know the meaning of. To "Seedy" I see now after looking around that you think I was trying sell my rifle here & y'all have all those rules before being able to post in the classifieds - which by the way why all the rules???? That was not my intent & i didn't even look there until i saw your comment earlier - I am sorry though I doubt you'll believe me as you've attacked me on every post I've made yet still haven't explained to me what the heck a troll is or what baiting is and what is wrong with my comment on Canada which was for the most part a joke but honestly if this country does ban guns would you want to live in it? If they will take away guns the next step will be taking everything else away. I love this country but day by day it is becoming a different country than the one my Dad & Grandfathers & so on fought for & no matter how I vote it is becoming a country different from the one I love.
Anyway, thank you to the folks who answered my question w/o calling me names & accusing me of things, I appreciate the straightforward answers & now I know what the law is which is all I was trying to do in the first place.
Stephanie

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you've got your answer.

The one thing that concerns me StephanieD is your concern of what "they" have said about this firearm. If you're listening to them you might as well get rid of all of your guns.
I say hang onto it and enjoy it if you like shooting it.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never mind, this place is so paranoid! I ask a simple question & people start calling me names that I don't even know the meaning of & accusing me of doing things that I don't know the meaning of. To "Seedy" I see now after looking around that you think I was trying sell my rifle here & y'all have all those rules before being able to post in the classifieds - which by the way why all the rules???? That was not my intent & i didn't even look there until i saw your comment earlier - I am sorry though I doubt you'll believe me as you've attacked me on every post I've made yet still haven't explained to me what the heck a troll is or what baiting is and what is wrong with my comment on Canada which was for the most part a joke but honestly if this country does ban guns would you want to live in it? If they will take away guns the next step will be taking everything else away. I love this country but day by day it is becoming a different country than the one my Dad & Grandfathers & so on fought for & no matter how I vote it is becoming a country different from the one I love.
Anyway, thank you to the folks who answered my question w/o calling me names & accusing me of things, I appreciate the straightforward answers & now I know what the law is which is all I was trying to do in the first place.
Stephanie

troll - someone looking for trouble , argument

.baiting- trying to get someone to do something wrong

.I'm not moving ,and you cant have my guns

.(you say your a nurse, not that I dont believe you, its just that.......well, you seem naive)

. Good Luck to you and God Bless

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stephanie, Welcome to the internet. See my first post to you. I answered your question (correctly) without any name calling or accusations.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Armslist.com, make an ad, sell it to anyone who wants it, done deal.

Wait I thought that if she is selling it to someone OUTSIDE of Oklahoma then she must ship it to an FFL dealer in that state??? You can only sell the individuals inside your own state is the way I understand it.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what, I can just say "hey you're not mentally ill or a felon" and if they say no it's all good? They hand over the $$$ & I can hand over the gun no paperwork involved? Thanks for responding.

Stephanie

I sold a gun to a friend's cousin and the way I did it was a FTF (face to face) transaction. I searched in google and downloaded a Fire Arm Bill of Sale document (there are many out there because this is not a standardized national form). I then filled out the serial number and we both signed it and had it notarized. I got to keep and file the original document and I made him a copy...that is the "safest" way to conduct a used gun sale in my opinion.

What I think you should do, is ask special permission from the mods here to let you list it in the classifieds or just wait until you have a high enough post count and play it safe and sell it here on the classifieds. You can state in the ad that you require the buyer to sign a bill of sale and you can print one off that has fine print that they sign saying they are not a felon,etc. You don't have to mess with the extra step of getting it notarized and if anyone is not willing to do what you ask, then simply don't sell them the gun...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom