Hundreds of Thousands of Indiana Gun Buyers’ Private Info at Risk of Disclosure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t they do this in New York several years back with peoples concealed carry permits?

“The potential publication of personal information of hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gunowners is eerily similar to an interactive map of pistol permit holders that Gannett’s Journal Newsof Westchester County, New York published in 2012.

The response to the newspaper’s map of gun owners was immediateand loud. Outraged gun owners pushed for the publication of the addresses of the journalistsresponsible for the travesty. The danger, many claimed, was that the newspaper created a handy tool for burglars seeking to break into homes and steal firearms. The same concerns now apply to Indiana’s gun owners thanks to Judge Sedia’s order.”

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you know they will go to great lengths to protect their sensitive personal information.

From the second link in the OP's comment:

"In his order last month, Judge Sedia wrote:

After reviewing the filings of the parties, hearing oral argument and being fully advised … Gary may move forward on its public nuisance claim based upon the unlawful sales of firearms that have, indeed, harmed Gary."

Now, if I were an Indiana gun dealer, I'd be saying that the court doesn't get anything because none of my sales would have been "unlawful."

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Gary Lawsuit dates to 1999. I was a student in IN in 97, and drove through Gary one time. I recall a large yellow and black banner on a storefront on the main road that told me all I needed to know. Open business and a professionally made sign.

It said, no kidding, “ADULT VIDEOS, WE TAKE FOOD STAMPS”.

Every business had bars and buzzed people in and out, even the fast food restaurants.

Most of the town looked like a war zone. Collapsing buildings, abandoned infrastructure. The place was a disaster and the local law enforcement could not handle it. No kidding, other agencies were doing rotations to assist.

Gary was a major Steel town and the steel mills tanked about the same time discriminatory property laws changed. White flight and loss of employment decimated the local population and property values.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Gary Lawsuit dates to 1999. I was a student in IN in 97, and drove through Gary one time. I recall a large yellow and black banner on a storefront on the main road that told me all I needed to know. Open business and a professionally made sign.

It said, no kidding, “ADULT VIDEOS, WE TAKE FOOD STAMPS”.

Every business had bars and buzzed people in and out, even the fast food restaurants.

Most of the town looked like a war zone. Collapsing buildings, abandoned infrastructure. The place was a disaster and the local law enforcement could not handle it. No kidding, other agencies were doing rotations to assist.

Gary was a major Steel town and the steel mills tanked about the same time discriminatory property laws changed. White flight and loss of employment decimated the local population and property values.

Back when we started our Summer jobs of doing road condition surveys, we worked central Indiana. Friends of ours had the western third of the state, including Gary. When they worked the northern part of Indiana, which includes Gary, they stayed in a hotel over in South Bend instead of even trying to find a hotel in Gary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom