• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 1/2 and 1 oz bank sinker molds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I would like to buy borrow or trade for 1 ounce and 1/2 ounce bank sinker molds.

I do have specific molds in mind..
Long shot but here goes.

Part number 1105 and 1192 those are Do-It molds.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have been making fishing sinkers from wheel weights since I was 12.
I have had zero issues with wheel weights so far.
I have been buying and collecting lead since then and using it up as I get it most of the time.

But the last 10 years i have really put the squeeze on getting lead.
During the 22 ammo scare I had plenty of 22 and gave a lot away for free and traded some for lead.
I had a friend that is now dead Carl was his name he owned C&J metals and I traded him copper for lead and many times just bought the lead and he would call me when he got some good stuff.

Standard iron and metal had lead last year usually $1 a pound after taxes.
I got to pick through wheel weights and plumbing pipe.
Recently did some haul off and got a door that was lined with lead on one side.
Just a tick under 100 lbs there of pure soft lead.

And one more place I get lead is the place I got it when I was 12.
Off the road for free.
Walk the highway entrances and exit ramps and walk gutters that have a lot of traffic like in front of walmart where other businesses are at.

I got tires last year put on my car and walmart was 1/2 a mile away in Yukon ok.
I walked the highway on both sides and hit all the ramps and got 4 16 oz bottles full of wheel weights Lead ones..I left the zinc and steel ones.
Picked up some groceries and walked back to the tire place.

Guys in the tire store gave me a small box of wheel weights 80% was not lead.
I also walk the rip rap and shorelines when the water is down and get lures and lead when i am out fishing.

That is where i get lead. To answer the question. :)

Where you gonna get the lead?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is where i get lead. To answer the question. :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I didn't realize the there were differences in the lead weights-I thought they were all mixed lead with some alloys. I think I can tell the difference between complete lead and alloy-but I won't pass up any weights from no now without taking a close look. Also, I didn't know that scrap dealers were selling lead so reasonable. I think Swampratt that you have lead finding down to an art!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I think you are right John6185 I have been scrounging for lead for 40 years.

Not all scrap yards are allowed to sell to the public.
Metal check is not allowed..need a sales permit or something.
I scrapped cars and metal for many years and you get to know some of the people.
One scrap yard could not sell but he would trade 2 for 1 for whatever he had.
Scales and tickets were monitored.

I seen a Rambler at one scrap yard..NO dents I think it was a 1964 and it had a new oil filter and new fuel lines and fuel filter. someone gave up on it.
I could get it for a 2 for 1 deal. bring 2X the weight of that car and I could have it.

I was going out of town the next day I hauled all the scrap i had and 1 car that was only 1/2 there and was still short.

I called all my buddies and no one had a scrap car for sale or any scrap.
I called Puckets.
I talked to the main guy and told him who i was and I had purchased many cars at their auctions and he knew of me.
I asked if he had any cars I could scrap. I told him the deal with the Rambler.

He said he had an Oldsmobile 98 that he wanted the engine and transmission out of it.
Said his guys had been working on getting it out but have not got anywhere.
He said he wanted the AC Compressor and the lines on it and to not mess them up.
He wanted the hood also.

I could have the car for free if I pulled the stuff. I asked him about a cherry picker and he said A tow truck with winch will pull it out.
I hauled butt down there and he showed me the car.
He said come get me when you are done.

I was back in his office in 45 minutes and said I need the tow truck driver.

He said BS there is no way you got all that stuff disconnected in that time.
I told him I eat breath and sleep Oldsmobile I know every nut and bolt size and where they are all at.

He said well I am driving the truck over there myself we will see if it is ready.

I told him I had 2 10 MM bolts holding the hood on and needed help removing it so as to not scratch the paint. The bolts are finger tight.

We get the hood off and he pulls up the engine about 8" and I tell him wait a minute and pull some wire cutters out of my back pocket and cut the ground strap on the rear of the passenger head.

He said I knew you did not have it all done.. But I will give you that one.
I told him cutting it is much quicker than unbolting it and I was ready for it.

I got that car and away I went and came home with a Rambler. Locked up standard transmission was all that was wrong with it.

I do have some things down to an art.

Latest posts

Top Bottom