10/22 barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm torn between green mountain or fedderson barrels. I'm wanting a 16.5" fluted .920 bull barrel, they both have what I want but one will be $50-70 cheaper so is one better then the other?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Fedderson barrels are very accurate and the owner of the company is great to deal with and will take care of you. I also have a few GM barrels that are nice too. My opinion is that the Fedderson barrels are nicer and more accurate, however there most likely won't be a huge difference. I would buy the Fedderson, but it's not my money.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your going to run bulk ammo thru them, you won't notice much if any difference. Better quality barrels shine with better quality ammo.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mainly I will run cci but I may occasionally run better quality stuff.

Bsmith besides accuracy is k just fit and finish that's nicer they seamed like a smaller company either you get awesome stuff of bad stuff from those you know what I mean.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a green mountain, kidd and some other I don't recall the name of. By far the kidd was tops till I bought one from whistle pig. Best money I ever spent, and I bought a factory 2nd. Planned to paint it so I didn't care about the little scratch. Might wanna check them out.
http://www.wpgbc.com/mobile/default.aspx

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any issues with the fedderson shooting subsonic ammo? Also can any one educate me on why some of the green mountain barrels say don't shoot subsonic or quiet ammo though them?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any issues with the fedderson shooting subsonic ammo? Also can any one educate me on why some of the green mountain barrels say don't shoot subsonic or quiet ammo though them?

The only issue with subsonic ammo I have ever heard of involved really long .22 barrels, like 28" or more. There shouldn't be an issue unless you are shooting colibris.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had a thought I want it threaded and am not sure if should have the company I buy it from thread it or take it some where local.

Latest posts

Top Bottom