10 "Manliest" Dog Breeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with French Bulldogs, Bull Terrier (spuds mackenzie) and Bostons...I've had all three.

When I use to round up cattle on horseback..I had to watch my Boston...he thought he was 10 feet tall, bullet proof, and wanted to chase those cows into the pens..I wouldn't let him..those cows would have squished him like an ugly bug.

My Bull Terrier would try to round up the cows..I had to stop him..he kept getting aggressive toward them..but he really was a sweet dog. Everyone use to ask me if I named him Spuds.

I always thought a Dingo would be a cool..manly..dog.

When I was a kid.. (9 years old) my dad gave me a pair of Mountain Cur dogs he bought in Kentucky. They were gloss black and about the size of a Blue Heeler..kind of small...but WOW!!! I guess those dogs didn't know what a coyote was. They dang sure weren't afraid of them.

There were a few nights I'd hear them fighting a coyote or two..just a few hundred yards from the house. Both died of old age..

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cohiba, my maternal grandpa owned a dairy up in Okay back in the day. He had a Boston that took every step he took. That dog herded cattle better than a lot of the cowdogs did. He was a riot to watch when they went to the auctions or had to work cattle for some reason. Only time I saw my grandpa cry was when that dog died. Man cut off 3 fingers in a table saw and didn't flinch. Gathered up his fingers and drove himself to the house in an old stickshift pickup truck to tell grandma he was going to the hospital. Cried like a baby when my dad had to put his dog to sleep (cancer).

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was a bachelor living away from home I got tired of coming home to an empty house.
The apartment complex I lived in had a height and weight limitations for keeping a dog. Even had to have a Vet sign a note stating the estimated height and weight the dog will be. It was very limited to smallish dogs and I wanted to keep my man card. So what did I come home with. ... it was a 13" Beagle "Miss Molly" she was awesome.

Now I have a Bloodhound "Bella" trained to run scent specific trailing and Basset Hound "Radar" he is a professional clown.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would classify any dog that can get itself in and out of bed of a truck without assistance is manly enough for me. Hell any dog that would rather be right beside you in the rain, snow, freezing or sun beating down on him. If that dog chooses you over the couch and the air conditioning. I would not mind owning it.

I had a yellow lab that could get in and out of the cab as long as a window was down. She could jump thru the window of my car without ever scratching the paint. My black lab would go sit in the truck and wait just in case you were thinking about going somewhere. He had severe abandonment issues. I miss the hell out of both of those dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom