10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote: I think i'll just stick with the good 'ol large rifle primers then - End Quote

Large rifle primers are bigger than large pistol primers. If you use a large rifle primer in a pocket designed for a large pistol primer, the primer won't fully seat and there is a danger of having a slam fire when the slide goes to battery. Also check on the "Glock Kaboom" issue if you are planning to shoot reloaded ammo in your glock. Most of the glock barrels above 9mm don't have a fully supported chamber in the feed ramp area. Once brass has been fired and resized, it is more brittle and there is a chance that with heavy loads it will blow out at the feed ramp. I use after market barrels from Lone Wolf in my Glocks for this reason. Also do some research on using blue dot, there are some high pressure issues that can bite you pretty quickly with blue dot if you don't exactly follow the recipe. I load and shoot a lot of AA#5 as well, and it also can generate high pressure spikes if the bullet is seated just a little too deeply. Good luck.. Blitzfike

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might talk to Mitch at J&K Bullet Casters if he doesn't chime in on his own. ;)

I know he shoots handloads out of his Glock 20, using lead, no less. I think he has a Lone Wolf cut-rifling barrel for it though.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote: I think i'll just stick with the good 'ol large rifle primers then - End Quote

Large rifle primers are bigger than large pistol primers. If you use a large rifle primer in a pocket designed for a large pistol primer, the primer won't fully seat and there is a danger of having a slam fire when the slide goes to battery. Also check on the "Glock Kaboom" issue if you are planning to shoot reloaded ammo in your glock. Most of the glock barrels above 9mm don't have a fully supported chamber in the feed ramp area. Once brass has been fired and resized, it is more brittle and there is a chance that with heavy loads it will blow out at the feed ramp. I use after market barrels from Lone Wolf in my Glocks for this reason. Also do some research on using blue dot, there are some high pressure issues that can bite you pretty quickly with blue dot if you don't exactly follow the recipe. I load and shoot a lot of AA#5 as well, and it also can generate high pressure spikes if the bullet is seated just a little too deeply. Good luck.. Blitzfike

Yep I totally did not mean Large rifle, I meant Large pistol my fault :oops3: I definitely am buying an aftermarket barrel before any reloading starts as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom