$150,000 for a Ford?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don’t like the price of that Shelby, don’t look up pricing on the most recent Ford GT. And those things were completely sold out of their entire production run before they’d built one of them—and to buy one, you had to sign a a contract agreeing not to resell it for a year after delivery (a contract stipulation that they strictly enforced, BTW; just ask John Cena).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my account manager was on the list for one of the New Broncos from Matthews Ford in Broken Arrow. She got a call when the first ones came in late last year and then again early this year..... they would basically get one in and call those on the list and have them bid on it. They were selling the Bronco Sports for 20K over sticker. Hefty upcharge for a 30-40K vehicle. Fawk em.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are automatically upside down on the truck when you sign the buyer's slip. I guarantee the Blue Book won't show a market adjustment. Especially for a bank loan.
Yes and no, used vehicles are bringing stupid money right now, so yes, you’re probably going to be a little upside down but not like in the old days (a couple years ago).
My youngest son bought a new 2020 Tacoma TRD, put 80,000 miles on it, and last month sold it for $2000 less than he paid for it. I know a couple guys that got more than they paid for their F250 diesels with 40-50,000 miles on them.

The truck market is nuts.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and no, used vehicles are bringing stupid money right now, so yes, you’re probably going to be a little upside down but not like in the old days (a couple years ago).
My youngest son bought a new 2020 Tacoma TRD, put 80,000 miles on it, and last month sold it for $2000 less than he paid for it. I know a couple guys that got more than they paid for their F250 diesels with 40-50,000 miles on them.

The truck market is nuts.
I got such a good deal on my 2018 ZR2, a year after I bought it the residual value was still a bit above what I paid for it new.

I just searched Autotrader nationally for 2018 ZR2’s with under 30k (36 of them). The CHEAPEST one is listed for just $300 under what I paid for mine 45 months ago.

I’ve never seen such irrational truck pricing in my life.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it will last much longer, the banks will get tired of getting repo's with blown diesel engines that they will quit loaning on them. I've been seeing 2010 F-250s with 250k on them and guys wanting 20 grand. Any banker that would loan more than 5-6 grand on one of those needs to fired immediately.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got such a good deal on my 2018 ZR2, a year after I bought it the residual value was still a bit above what I paid for it new.

I just searched Autotrader nationally for 2018 ZR2’s with under 30k (36 of them). The CHEAPEST one is listed for just $300 under what I paid for mine 45 months ago.

I’ve never seen such irrational truck pricing in my life.

I can tell you right now that if your car or especially your SUV is totaled right now, you're gonna be in a bit of a fight with your insurance company. Granted I usually deal with claims on heavier equipment but the problem is the same. Mind your policies boys..... because your insurance carrier will try to fawk you right now on used vehicle pricing replacement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom