Ford vs Chevy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it.

Here is something I did not know.
Ford Cam Phasers.

They will begin ticking at an early mileage sometimes 35,000 miles.
They can go into the computer and make it apply more oil pressure to them and if the tick goes away then they know for a fact that is the issue.

OK THINK ON THAT for a minute.
Why did they not apply more oil pressure to these from the get go????

THINK ABOUT THIS: Many new cars turn the engine off when you come to a stop and then fire it back up when you let off the brake or hit the throttle pedal.

Think time.
Remember being told that an engine sees it's most wear at start up because oil is not circulating for a second.

Yea lets constantly start and stop the engine and watch it eat its self.
On top of that these fools want you to go ungodly amounts of driven miles before changing the oil.

Or never having to change trans or rearend fluid.
Yea I am not buying into that jazz.

Ford has since done away with the auto-shutoff and restart. Both were linked to the brake pedal. Our newest doesn't have that feature.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at trading in my 2014 F-150 for a new/used Ford Bronco. I dont need a truck bed anymore and a smaller wheelbase would fit in my garage better. But DAMN they are spendy. I found models from $43k to $105k

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Chevy days are pre 80's . Never had a problem especially small block and turbo 350 transmission. I've got a 1988 1/2 ton with a 350 with who knows how many miles and transmission filter has never been changed.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never seen one so I don't know for sure but I heard somebody say they did. Looks like it wouldn't be very tough and puncture pretty easily if someone really did some 4 wheeling with one.
I looked it up and its true on some models, the raptor has a steel oil pan but the lower models do have plastic. Something I read said it was revised to eliminate some leak issue.
I dont care really, I dont offroad. As long as it works and doesn't leak, I'd be okay I guess.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked it up and its true on some models, the raptor has a steel oil pan but the lower models do have plastic. Something I read said it was revised to eliminate some leak issue.
I dont care really, I dont offroad. As long as it works and doesn't leak, I'd be okay I guess.
I would be leary of the Ecoboost engine myself. Some people love them some people hate them just depends on what you do I guess. I would rather have a 5.0 non turbo V-8 if they offer it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom