1911 concealed carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a full sized Springfield Armory Range Officer 8 + 1 in a simple Yaqui slide and carry a spare 8 in a leather folding knife case on my belt and if I am going someplace sketchy carry an additional 8rnd in my back pocket. Always have spare mags in the truck.
I carry 185gr +p Underwood JHP and 230gr +p Hornady critical duty ammo.
I have a nice IWB holster but rarely use it. The Yaqui slide does fine

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only carry a full sized Colt 1911 SS gold cup when I have my Jeans on which is more than 99% of the time I am wearing pants. In my opinion one of the safest firearms a person can carry. Easy for me as I wore a tool pouch on that right side most of my working life. Got used to the weight of it. Yes have a Sig P238 (mini 1911) for infrequent dress pants or shorts with no sturdy belt. I carry an 8 round mag and one in the chamber (if the safety is up, it aint going to fire" as I holster or unholster each evening along with its other 1911 safety features. I have an AlianGear IWB I have been using for over 15 years daily, replaced under their lifetime warranty a couple years ago that fits me well at 2:45 - 3 o'clock depending where the belt loops are. Tilted back pointing straight down sitting as I am now. I can and have easily tucked in a dress shirt for special occasions. Takes me a few min to "adjust the fit" of the shirt to "hide" as much as I can to tuck in, but works well. I am usually just jeans and T-shirt draped over and no one, even my friends notice.

I carry No extra magazine. I am not planning on trying to need more than 8 or 9 well place shots at a time. 8-9 attackers at once, I know Iwill be toast by less than 9 shots. No need to do a mag change. JMO Practice alot so you do not have any chance of wasted $.50 shots bothering you if things get real.

Practice with what you shoot best and have it handy. JMO cause I have been there and done that.

Last edited:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do carry an extra mag when I carry my 1911. (Officer's model) It's not just to have spare ammo, though. If you have some malf, much of the time it's usually going to be magazine related so you just pop in the mag that works and you're good.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, carry a full-size 1911 every day. I usually just put a spare magazine in my pocket & have a couple extras in my truck. I carried my 1911 every day right up to the day I retired so I see no need to change anything now.

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my colt 1911 government during the colder months. I usually either carry a j frame or a p938 legion. The p938 is the same manual of arms as my 1911 minus the grip safety and it’s a good ole light buddy for me to carry comfortably in the warmer months