1993-2014: Private Gun Ownership Skyrockets, Firearm-Related Homicides Plummet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like this...

======

Man who tried to rob Waffle House with an AK-47 is shot by customer

Houston Chronicle

Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Photo: DeSoto Police Department

ww1.hdnux.com_photos_50_13_35_10532728_3_920x920.jpg

Antione Cooper, 26, is on life support after being shot by a Waffle House customer in DeSoto.

According to the DeSoto Police Department, Antione Cooper, 26, entered the restaurant in the 1500 block of North Beckley Avenue at 2:30 a.m. Thursday. Patrons at the Waffle House told police Cooper robbed several customers before leaving the restaurant and entering the parking lot.

A handgun-licensed customer, whose wife was on her way to meet him at the restaurant, followed Cooper to the parking lot, fearing for his wife's safety, according to DeSoto police.

Police said the customer called to Cooper once they were outside. Cooper pointed the AK-47 in the customer's direction, prompting the customer to shoot Cooper several times, according to police in the southern Dallas suburb.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...to-rob-Waffle-House-with-an-AK-47-8365342.php

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to worry, lib dem gun grabbers/haters will never let facts like these get in the way of their propagandist's lies to advance their anti-gun agendas.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-ownership-skyrockets-violent-crime-plummets/
1993-2014: Private Gun Ownership Skyrockets, Firearm-Related Homicides Plummet
by AWR Hawkins 12 Jul 2016

But don't you see RugersGR8, statistics and facts do not matter - its all about feelings. If I feel like there's more gun deaths, even if it can be shown there aren't actually, well my feelings must take priority.

BTW - putting aside my sarcasm, there is a serious argument to be made and which can/must be answered. It is true, a fact, that there were many more gun-homicide deaths 25 years ago even though fewer guns were in circulation among the populace and the overall population was smaller. Nevertheless, even the reduced number we now have is a pretty big number compared to any of our peer-nations (European nations, Australia, the UK, etc.).
That is the real question we have to address because eventually someone will notice that the first "issue" is a red-herring but the second issue is much more substantive. Don't get me wrong, there are good answers I'm just saying lets prepare to answer the tough questions not the easy ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom