2 or 4MOA Aimpoint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to get an Aimpoint ML3 but I don't know if I want the 4MOA or the 2MOA. Does anyone have both that I can look through? Or does anyone know of anyone that does? I would just like to be sure I'm getting the one I like best before I drop that kind of change. Ya know?

rcnich

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a the 2 MOA and like it a lot. IMO, for any kind of long distance work, say 75-150 yds, the 4 MOA's dot is just too large for a precision shot. I've never found myself wishing for the larger dot. And if I needed a larger dot, I'd just dial-up the light intensity, which gives the impression of a larger dot.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a the 2 MOA and like it a lot. IMO, for any kind of long distance work, say 75-150 yds, the 4 MOA's dot is just too large for a precision shot. I've never found myself wishing for the larger dot. And if I needed a larger dot, I'd just dial-up the light intensity, which gives the impression of a larger dot.

He said it. crank up a 2moa if you want a bigger dot. It will bloom and be much bigger.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 4mil (Comp M2). Wish I had the 2 mil. You can keep your shots on target at 200 yards but they are in about a 10" area it seems. A 2mil would really help with that. That 4mil dot is covering about 8" of target at 200. I really like my Aimpoint because it does exactly what I want of it. If I want to go long range, I grab a different rifle.

If you have a choice, then by all means get the 2mil. But don't sweat the 4, just keep in mind what it's intended to do and buy accordingly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom