Consolidating ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like I have too many ARs in 5.56, .223 or .223 Wylde. I was debating selling them and ultimately getting a Colt LE6920.

I could use the extra room in the safe.

What would you guys do?

jtmcglothin

You’ve got a fren in me
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the end of the day I would definitely invest in one higher end that’s built out with the optic and accessories you want vs having 5 lower end ones. That being said I would still keep your favorite of the ones you have as a backup, but any more than 2 of the same thing is just wasted space in your safe.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the same boat a decade ago

Had too many "hobby AR's" and everytime i would find something in a toolbox as insignificant as a A2 pistol grip or set of flip up sights, it would snowball into a build -- i had a few that i sold -- all good rifles, but i just got bored with it all

I bought 2 6920's to shoot and said - "good enough" -- One is stone stock complete with detachable carry handle and the other i play around with different optics and am researching different triggers for

It was a good time to sell back then so i was able to get out from under a few of them -- the only one i kept was a generic lower fitted out with A1 furniture and a surplus M16 604 complete upper (no pics available) and a few miscellaneous parts like these receivers

qszMcFRl.jpg

But the bug is coming back - but now it is for retro's - havent sourced parts for those receivers but picked up a nice Colt format 9mm a few months back -- because i just had to - LOL but my emphasis now is definitely quality over quantity and i could honestly do just fine with those 2 6920's till the end of my days for all my perceived AR-15 needs if i had to

6sGkU0dl.jpg

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with the idea of quality over quantity. That said, many lower end (price/cost wise) AR’s are really great shooters. If you have an AR (or any firearm) that is reliable, accurate and puts a smile on your face when you get behind the trigger … you don’t need to replace it with another that is more expensive.

I have two AR’s and one is not really an AR in that it is a 9mm CMMG Banshee. Incredibly fun gun to shoot. The other is a BCM Mod O … not a “high end” AR but it runs great. Also have a M1A “Scout” that is also a lot of fun to shoot. For me, these cover my fun gun needs.

While (again to me) that’s enough … I can’t say the same when it comes to handguns in 45 caliber. They are my weakness. Never have enough.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an unashamed Colt fan-boy so I'd never say don't get a Colt. But I also have a few entry level guns that I keep around just for fun. Just got done zeroing a PSA/Anderson rifle that works fine for riding around in the Mule while we're out and about. But the Colts are just special to me.

My old school cool 6920 from 2004...

1715287679540.jpeg

Nothing wrong with an LE6940, either. It's pretty much just a 6920 with a monolithic upper receiver:

1715287895711.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom