2009 Wounded Warrior Project Charity Shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfect weather on Saturday and had a great time. Very interesting to make three passes on the same stage and see how consistent (or inconsistent) one could be.

The steel plates made it quick to move through a stage. They didn't do identical plates on a rack (except for one stage) but varied the size of the plates and the distance. It's amazing how different each stage could therefore be.

Another interesting thing: one was always counting on hearing the "ding" for hit feedback. Sometimes if you hit a round plate dead center, the "ding" was greatly diminished and you thought you missed so you cracked another round on it. This happened at some point to alot of people.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone who donated time, money, materials and to those who shot the match. For a hurriedly thrown together event, we managed to raise a little over $10,000 to send to the Wounded Warrior Project to directly help injured vets.

When we get everything sorted and a final tally, I'll post the final total. Thank you to everyone who contributed to a great experience for a great cause. I hope to see you all again next year, and bring some friends along! :)

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as a sidfe note to those that received my email. the color codes stand for the following:
Gold....1st place in class
Silver....2nd place in class
Bronze...3rd place in class

We broke it down by how many competitors we had and came up with A, B, C & D classes. Congrats to all the class winners all.

USSA has already posted the scores on their website under the Match Schedules tab for all to see. Thanks to James Broom who had this posted minutes after I sent it to him. You can all tell by the time stamp of MY email that James works many many hours. So please praise him next time you see him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom