2015 Oklahoma Deer Gun season contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Got this doe opening day. First deer with the AK and first time killing one while still hunting.

uploadfromtaptalk1448433103264.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this nice public land buck yesterday on Black Kettle WMA. This was actually the first time I've ever deer hunted this particular piece, and he was the only thing I saw yesterday afternoon. He first appeared about 400+ yards down a canyon I was watching, at around 1650, and then he dropped down in the brushy canyon but at least he was headed my way I thought. At 1705, he reappeared at around 150 yards, and once he cleared some obstacles, I mouth grunted twice to get him stopped, and he was facing/quartering towards me. I sent the 155 gr A Max handload out of my Rem 700 308 into the front point of his shoulder, and he ran a half circle for maybe 30-40 yards before crashing. He turned out to be a 12 point, mainframe 10 pt with split browtines, guessing he went 150 lb range dressed weight...plenty for the 1/4 mile drag! Got it done before the foul weather hit, now I can be lazy til the weather clears up and go after some does :)

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my middle son Coy
We had a doe bust us about 15 min before due to me having to leave the stand to use the restroom, then just got settled back in and at 4:30 this guy stepped out at 40 yards it think he spotted us moving in the blind but not sure he was standing slightly quartering to us and he put a great shot right in front of his rt shoulder and the .243 broke the left shoulder but didn't exit. Deer ran about 30 yards and piled up.
Funny thing is I don't think Coy realized it was a buck before the shot, when we walked up to him he said, dad there's a buck right there and I said yes that's your deer. He got even more excited at that point.
It was a great hunt. My dad and I have put in a lot of time trying to get this spot just right for my boys and niece and it has really worked out this year my niece shot her first deer (7 pt) and Coy took this one, his 4th deer and second buck this one is his biggest by far.
Savage axis .243 Winchester whitetail
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_29_423fa127bf2d07e7a83ee308552eac0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went hunting for my first time with my father in law out in Eakly. Had a late lunch Thanksgiving day, had a nap and then headed out about 3:30. Drove into the field and counted 13 does running for the tree line. Got into the stand, about 20 minutes later saw a doe with a fawn getting chased by a young buck. About another half hour or so saw another doe head over by the feeder/peanut pile. Decided to take her, she was about 150 yards out. This was my first deer ever so I was a little amped up before the shot, had to really concentrate to slow my breathing down, crosshairs were figure 8-ing all over the place. Got calmed down and broke the shot with my suppressed 18" AR, SPR style, with a Black Hills Mk262, 77gr SMK. Hit her behind the shoulder, she ran through(not over) the fence, found her about 50-75 yards away. Figure she's about 100 lbs, maybe 3 years old.

[Broken External Image]

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughters and I have had a rough go of it this year. 3 seasons and only one doe that I took last week. This afternoon, we sat in 3 locations where we could maximize our visibility. My daughter was only 100 yards from me, just over a little hilltop. About 5:00pm, I hear her shoot followed by a distinct "whop." She radios me and says, "I got her." I asked if she was a big one and if she saw where she went. My daughter responded with, "She's the biggest doe I've seen and I dropped her in her tracks." That being the case, I told her to stay put and watch for a buck. Sure enough, 20 mins later, a small 7 pt walks up and starts sniffing the downed deer, but my daughter let him walk because he was "too small." Keep in mind that this is a kid that has killed 8 deer now, but never an antlered buck.

So... We go to get her deer at dark and discover why it was so big. It was a 1 1/2 year old buck that had broken one antler completely off and only had a nub remaining on the other side. She had made a 110 yd neck shot with her 300 Blackout, right where the neck connects to the shoulders, so no wasted meat.
View attachment 52323

Latest posts

Top Bottom