22 Ammo prices at the Gun Show ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USN-SCW-Ret

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the RK gun show this weekend just to price the gun show ammo, over store prices. It is all backwards, it cost more for ammo at the gun show then at the store. Two weeks ago I bought 3 of the Federal 325 bulk ammo at Academy for $19 a box with tax and they were charging $37 a box, before tax and cash price. Here are some pics from the show this weekend:

The prices for .22 ammo seemed to be about .12 cents a round for bulk ammo and about .18 cents for name brand. (CCI mini mag, Winchester Super X, etc)

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the RK gun show this weekend just to price the gun show ammo, over store prices. It is all backwards, it cost more for ammo at the gun show then at the store. Two weeks ago I bought 3 of the Federal 325 bulk ammo at Academy for $19 a box with tax and they were charging $37 a box, before tax and cash price
Shouldn't be a surprise since most of what they're selling at gun shows has been scalped from WalMart and Academy - they create the shortage so they can charge double the price. If people would stop buying at their inflated prices the market would return to normal much more quickly.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a surprise since most of what they're selling at gun shows has been scalped from WalMart and Academy - they create the shortage so they can charge double the price. If people would stop buying at their inflated prices the market would return to normal much more quickly.
Amazing, you found the goose's stash!
Wait that was probably his buddies ammo! LMFAO

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just came home from WM I was expecting the usual empty shelves but bought bulk of 9mm and 40, no .22 as usual..

pardon my ignorance but can someone tell me why .22 is so scarce?? I only have one more coffee can left and would like a few more thousand rounds but I'm hesitant to pay these prices for .22...

btw, sad that I feel the only compensation I get now from a gun show is my shallow hope that within someones junk box I will find a gem, other than that its just $10 entry fee in the wind, and happy feet walking...
Rob

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
just came home from WM I was expecting the usual empty shelves but bought bulk of 9mm and 40, no .22 as usual..

pardon my ignorance but can someone tell me why .22 is so scarce?? I only have one more coffee can left and would like a few more thousand rounds but I'm hesitant to pay these prices for .22...

btw, sad that I feel the only compensation I get now from a gun show is my shallow hope that within someones junk box I will find a gem, other than that its just $10 entry fee in the wind, and happy feet walking...
Rob

Companies like this paying people to buy up the local supply and resell it at inflated prices.

https://gooseislandsales.com/AWSCategories/p/66/.22-LR

USN-SCW-Ret

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was not surprised at all and the gougers did not have a problem with me shooting pics. I have heard for a while that this was the case, .22lr or any .22 is priced double or more at the shows and I wanted to investigate for myself and get pics. I am retired and have time on my hands, I also can usually find ammo at the stores. But my sons and working friends never see ammo on the shelves. So I was just checking it out and reporting, w/pics what I found. There were others that were selling ammo in bags, they didn't like cameras, and another fellow who sold homemade 12ga shotgun shells, dragons breath, rock salt, flechets, rubber balls, red pepper, double chained slugs and some kind of .50cal armor piercing shell reset in a 12ga shell type of thing. He gave me the stink eye, when I pulled up my camera to take pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom