.22 Conversion for Glock 23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceflyer001

Marksman
Reaction score
Been looking at converting my Glock 23 into a .22 to save money on practice ammo. Any ideas on where to look for a kit? I've seen the Advantage Arms kits, but no one seems to have any in stock.

Thanks

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may not like Dong's but they are the offical dealer.
Also somebody called Lazy D gunsmithing in Bixby.
got that at AA website
There is 1 on gunbroker currently for $299

If your not in too big of a hurry I think Tactial solutions is bringing out some models.
go to tacsol website and vote for their next model to be made.
19/23 is more than 2 to1 the favorite.

The reason you can't find an AA is? I personally don't think they make them.
I think they buy them from somebody else like so many other companies and put their name on them and are having a hard time getting delivery.

aceflyer001

Marksman
Reaction score
I called Dong's and they told me I'd have to find them online...they didn't carry them. I did call OPS and they can order one (Not sure it was an AA kit, though). My next question is would it really be better to get a conversion kit, or just purchase a good .22 pistol, like a Ruger? I've heard different sides.

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do. I like being able to shoot .22 glock, then slide the 9mm upper on and shoot it. I also like shooting a box of ammo for around 15$, and by a box I mean a box of 525! I did this last week, and I only had 5 failures, and 2 which were ammo. The .22 kit really makes the glock feel like a toy, but I do get trigger time, and one step above dry fire trigger practice. You cant go wrong with a Ruger either, dont get me wrong, it really depends on what you like and what your goals are.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally if I was a plinker I would go Ruger.
If I was wanting practice for competitions I'd go conversion kit.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking at converting my Glock 23 into a .22 to save money on practice ammo. Any ideas on where to look for a kit? I've seen the Advantage Arms kits, but no one seems to have any in stock.

Thanks

Check Gunbroker.com. I recently bought my Advantage Arms kit off there; paid $289, got it in three days and have had a blast with it. Best toy I have bought in a long time.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to agree with Tulsadave2003; You have to figure out what your goals are and work from there. I bought all my Advantage Arms kit used; Ebay used to list them years ago; the last two I picked up from Glocktalk.com; but you have to move fast; the used ones go pretty quick. The price on AA kits are about the same as a new .22LR, (the new GSG 1911 at Sportsworld look pretty slick). I have to admit my AA kits can be finicky at times; I think my problems fall between the ammo and the magazines; AA has a list of ammo you should use; but I use what ever I have; you can't beat it for failure to fire drills. Hope this helped. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom