.22 for $60 per 1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was shopping in Edmond WalMart this morning and saw several boxes of 1,000 round Winchester .22 Long rifle in the glass case. Price $67. Remembering all those mornings I stood in line at Academy for a paltry box of 20 rounds, I snagged a thousand for the ammo stash. There were several boxes left.
Pile it deep

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
First round was a few years ago standing in line at 5am to try and beat the neck beards.
555 count boxes were 18 bucks.
After the scare and things got settled down that box went to 333 count for 18 then kept going.

The kids and I used to shoot a lot.
Not so much anymore.
I guess i should check my round count on them.

I quit buying .22 ammo because I could cast my own lead bullets and shoot those cheaper in rifle and pistol than what .22 rimfire cost.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First round was a few years ago standing in line at 5am to try and beat the neck beards.
555 count boxes were 18 bucks.
After the scare and things got settled down that box went to 333 count for 18 then kept going.

The kids and I used to shoot a lot.
Not so much anymore.
I guess i should check my round count on them.

I quit buying .22 ammo because I could cast my own lead bullets and shoot those cheaper in rifle and pistol than what .22 rimfire cost.
I'm surprised that you don't make your own firearms from scratch. Or maybe you do. :)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'm surprised that you don't make your own firearms from scratch. Or maybe you do. :)

I made 2 from stuff i had laying around and shot the 12 gauge.
WOW.
The 45 I have not shot anything but primed shells in it.
I did make my own AR stock and grip from a tree I cut down but most here know that.
I did not make the forearm part.

Yes it is legal to make your own firearms in our great state.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was shopping in Edmond WalMart this morning and saw several boxes of 1,000 round Winchester .22 Long rifle in the glass case. Price $67. Remembering all those mornings I stood in line at Academy for a paltry box of 20 rounds, I snagged a thousand for the ammo stash. There were several boxes left.
That's still almost .07 cents a round.
Personally, I'll never need to buy anymore .22. When it was $100 per 500 rounds, everyone was saying it was the new "normal".
You can look it up, I vowed to never buy another .22 round above 4cents a round and stuck to my guns during the obummer reign of terror. When Trump got in office it got to 3.5 cents occasionally. That's why I'll never need to buy again. Stacked it deep.
Trump will most likely get back in office. Ammo will do the same thing as it did in the past, drop in price.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
1. Trump will most likely get back in office. 2. Ammo will do the same thing as it did in the past, drop in price.
Not going to turn down any super deals but I think that I'm pretty well fixed on ammo and reloading components....I think that you are right on both.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Not going to turn down any super deals but I think that I'm pretty well fixed on ammo and reloading components....I think that you are right on both.
I hope ammo prices drop but I think Trump's chance of getting back into office are slim to none. The FBI has already put out a note that they're looking for Iranian assassins who are apparently looking for Trump, so it looks like the deep state may kill him. He humiliated a lot of powerful folks. If not they will just steal another election.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Site looks legit but Aguila is made in Mexico. I havent tried it buy have read it shoots pretty dirty like the Russian and Chink ammo. I try to stick to American made, but good luck.

That's because you don't know any better. Aquila .22 is known to be good ammo. Doesn't shoot any dirtier than any other .22 lol, whomever said that is an idiot.

Kinda funny to post about using American ammo from a "chink" computer or phone but that's just me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom