22 Long Riffle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got the Marlin 795 this morning. You better hurry if you want one. They had this deal a couple weeks ago and they were gone before I made up my mind to get one. Today I was first in line. I haven't fired either model, but I have read slightly better things about the Marlin. For what they are and the price, it's hard to go wrong. I'm really glad I got one.

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought the Marlin yesterday. I took it a few of my other firearms to H&H. I had a blast shootinig the Marlin, not one malfunction, granted I only put down maybe 100 - 200 rounds. I did some reading before I bought it and I can't say that I agree with what is being said here. I found multiple threads on other forums talking about the 10-22 needing to be customized because out of the box it is a sub-par riffle.

This one inparticular struck my fancy.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=171319
Almost all gave the Marlin positive reviews. Anyway, I enjoyed shooting it, for the money if it is junk I will just toss it. It was way more dependable than my Remington 1100, but that is another story.

2tothechest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Marlin 795 in stainless for graduation('95). I would hate to guess the number a rounds I've put through it. I could eat up a brick in a weekend pretty easy. I don't know what it groups like, but I can hit whatever I shot at with it. Probably because I've shot thousands and thousands of rounds through it. I bought a 10-22 a few years ago and sold it soon after. It wasn't a bad gun, but it wasn't my Marlin.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive shot a marlin tube mag style and it shot well, but i still bought another 10/22 next then a charger after that, its just really harder to compete w a 10/22, but then again thats not to say the others are bad in anyway, just a preference for me

Bushman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 10/22 is worth every penny. Marlin M60 is the best cheap tube feed rifle in my book. When buying any used .22 check the crown with a flashlight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom