222 vs 223

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Change, no. New toy, yes. I love weapons in general And calibers. I tend to go down rabbit holes when i find another caliber. Now its a the 222. I like to explore. I love to know what makes a specific caliber exist Or go obsolete. For me its not about what it better or popular. i could careless. It’s about the love of calibers And to keep them alive And to have general insight for the next generation.

It sounds to me like you need a .222!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like I would like to close those up! You have any recent load development? This happened before I was born….😬😘
And why would I do that? 😉 I have 5 pounds of Unique, 300 pounds of lead and Linotype and still have the mould. I’m kinda thinkin’ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And why would I do that? 😉 I have 5 pounds of Unique, 300 pounds of lead and Linotype and still have the mould. I’m kinda thinkin’ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Exactly!

When I learned to load (1975), it was with .30-06. My first ladder was 150 gr Sierra and 4064.
I found 52.5 gr shot 5/8" groups @100 yards.
The same load I shoot today.

your right! I’m going to build one. Goal is to load it down to be a 22lr give or take then load it up.

I received a box of Win 45 gr FMJ bullets in a trade. Loaded with 5.0 gr Unique in .223, it falls halfway between .22 WMRF and .22 Hornet. My Walther pellet gun makes more noise. Blast to shoot and a great training round for grandkids.

.223 will do anything .222 can. It is a matter of your choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom