.223 Ammo Deal $5.89 box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I ordered ammo from CTD, the website said it was in stock. After they charged my card, I checked my order status and it said 'backordered'. I called to see what was going on and they said it was discontinued and they didn't know when they would have it back in stock but that they could give me different ammo that was twice the price. It wasn't until a week or so later that my card was credited.

So just a word of caution, buyer beware when ordering from CTD. They're crooks IMO.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I looked at all of that and all of that is Russian. I have been told not to shoot any of that steel cased stuff out of my AR. Is any of that brass cased. I also have noticed it is getting real hard to find .223 locally again.

Unless you have a match grade chamber the steel stuff is fine to shoot, the major problem with some of it is that it's under powered and you could encounter some FTE.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you have a match grade chamber the steel stuff is fine to shoot, the major problem with some of it is that it's under powered and you could encounter some FTE.

So far all I've shot is Tula 62gr .223 out of my new AR and haven't had any issues with it. It would be nice to be able to find some brass cased copper jacket stuff for cheap that I can take to some of the picky ranges though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom