22lr Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I can't help you with keeping it under $200... but you really do get what you pay for.

I have a Marvel unit 2 and absolutely love it. I don't really have any feeding problems and it is amazingly accurate. The customer service is top notch too.

Just google ciener's customer service, and I think it will speak for itself.

Kimber will run you around $300 (which used to be just a rebadged Ciener), and the Marvel like mine will run you about $330. I REALLY suggest going with the Marvel, but I'm sure either will work well for you.

If you're ever at USSA during one of the matches, I'll let you shoot mine anytime you like.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My advice is to save up and buy quality. The Marvel units and the Tac Solutions 2211 are the two that I would suggest.

Ultimately, I think a Ruger or a Buckmark is the most economical way to go. if you go with that 1911 conversion, you'll eventually be tempted to buy a dedicated lower. Then you'll spend who knows how much on getting it tricked out until you have god knows how much invested. :bigeye:

dochawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not wanting anything too fancy, just a plinker that will stay in the truck and kill snakes and such. Money is not that big of issue, just practicality. I have a 1911 that I don't shoot that much and thought that if I could find a decent converion for less than $200 I could use that lower. If not, then I would get a P22 or something, but I'm not interested in ruger or buck mark type pistols. I want something that resembles a regular semi auto handgun.
jb

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if you're planning on using snake shot, the semi-autos are not going to like it, you'd be best off with a wheel gun. The cieners just aren't reliable enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom