I tried rubbing dirt in it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I'm only 56 and I feel like I'm 100. :faint:

View attachment 474255
View attachment 474258
I didn't expect to make it to 30. Retired from the USAF at 42, a couple months after my 3rd child's birth and realized that I'd already beaten that. And didn't have any idea what to do next. And I'd been doing stuff for a long time without a care in the world about the future. Not that I made good plans after that. And though I'm healthier than my decade younger wife, she's not going to be caring for me in my my old age, I'll be caring for her as long as I last. And I retired that first time about 27 years ago. Dad made it to 77. My wife's mom is 80 now...

Yep, sure wish I'd taken better care of myself back then!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't expect to make it to 30. Retired from the USAF at 42, a couple months after my 3rd child's birth and realized that I'd already beaten that. And didn't have any idea what to do next. And I'd been doing stuff for a long time without a care in the world about the future. Not that I made good plans after that. And though I'm healthier than my decade younger wife, she's not going to be caring for me in my my old age, I'll be caring for her as long as I last. And I retired that first time about 27 years ago. Dad made it to 77. My wife's mom is 80 now...

Yep, sure wish I'd taken better care of myself back then!

I hear ya. Back in my youth, I drank way oo much booze, smoked like a chimney, greasy take-out food and a job where I pissed a bunch of people off. So much so that I had guys following me home, making threats to me, my wife baby girl.

That was back in the early 90s. I've dropped ALL that crap like a dirty shirt. But sadly, my ol corpse has already sustained and suffered the damage of that type of lifestyle. And I sure feel it today. If you wanna dance, ya gotta pay the fiddler!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, always cut away from yourself.
It always crosses your mind, right before i cut myself!
My old boss said he was using a utility knife to open a tube of caulk, and he thought about not cutting toward your body, so he turned it around so he was cutting away from his body, then proceeded to damn near cut the end of his finger off. It was so bad that they had to use "fishing line" as a replacement ligament.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old boss said he was using a utility knife to open a tube of caulk, and he thought about not cutting toward your body, so he turned it around so he was cutting away from his body, then proceeded to damn near cut the end of his finger off. It was so bad that they had to use "fishing line" as a replacement ligament.
That is how I cut myself one of the 3 times I wound up at Urgent Care in a week or so. 🤦 I could see the tendon moving when I peeled back the flap of skin and moved my finger. I thought Grumpy was gonna faint on me. He did almost puke. First he was 🤢 then he went what as a👻. 🤣🤣

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya. Back in my youth, I drank way oo much booze, smoked like a chimney, greasy take-out food and a job where I pissed a bunch of people off. So much so that I had guys following me home, making threats to me, my wife baby girl.

That was back in the early 90s. I've dropped ALL that crap like a dirty shirt. But sadly, my ol corpse has already sustained and suffered the damage of that type of lifestyle. And I sure feel it today. If you wanna dance, ya gotta pay the fiddler!
I quit smoking about 3 months after I started, at age 17, when I found out I could get 5 used books for what my 3 packs of cigarettes cost me each day. Didn't do a lot of drinking because there are a lot of drunks and druggies in my family tree, and didn't want to be one of them. Though I made an exception to that rule when I did my first Air Force tech school, and met my starter wife. Mighta had something to do with that.

One of the family jokes is that if we were horses we'd have gone to the glue factory instead of breeding. 1st hip replacement was at age 54... Played a little football in high school... Never jumped out of airplanes. I did drink a case of Coke a day for several decades, though. Maybe that?

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple days ago I was getting ready to open a box with my knife. So I flipped out the blade and my wife says “be careful with that knife”. I looked back at her and said “do I look like I’ve never used a knife before”? A good 5 seconds later I tapped the back of my hand with the tip of the blade by accident. I looked at my wife and she went running to get a paper towel to stop the bleeding. By the time she got back my front room looked like an active crime scene. Now I can’t even look at a knife without her freaking out. Karma’s a *****.

Latest posts

Top Bottom