.22LR subsonic ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have been testing ammo lately with my Mosquito/mite combo

I like the way that CCI Standard Ammo sounds and it works perfectly in my gun.

I did pick up some Aguila 39 gr subsonic that is quieter but will not function the slide.

the CCI standard was quieter than the Winchester Sub Sonic

I also tried the Aguila 20 grain, but like was mentioned above would not penatrate a rusted 55 gallon drum.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well what kind of gun are you using this in. And if you are talking unsuppressed guns I dont think it is such a big difference in how loud but it is definitely a different sound no loud crack but you still have some blast and though that is quieter it also last longer so seems to be close to the same level of sound. I have shot the winchester subs aguila sss and aguila super colibri. the super colibri is stupid quiet but again not real useful except close range pests.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington subsonics are good. In fact it is the only remington branded ammo I would buy from them. if your gun is not suppressed, then there is not a lot of sounds difference.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the moment, I'll be using it in a Heritage single-action revolver, I think with a 6 1/2 inch barrel. Hopefully, within a few weeks, I'll be able to switch to a Browning Buckmark Hunter with the 7 1/2" barrel. I'll only be using it on small varmints like skunks, opossums, and maybe raccoons. I'm not concerned about how loud the noise is to me, but I understand that the crack carries a lot further. Don't wanna disturb anyone if I get a late night visit from the critters.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aguila 60 gr. works in my CMMG AR-22 conversion and also in my Ruger MKII supressed. Not so good in my Ruger 10/22 as it has a problem with key-holes. Cycles in all said weapons and also has quite a thump when shooting critters. In the CMMG conversion its 'very' quiet and this is without supression of any sort.
pktrkt

Latest posts

Top Bottom