AR-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread but I already have a conversion kit but don't like using the tight twist barrel for .22, where can a barrel be found that will take the kit (.223 chamber) but have like a 1:14 to 1:16 twist and no gas hole? Not wanting to get another rifle as I have everything else to assemble one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread but I already have a conversion kit but don't like using the tight twist barrel for .22, where can a barrel be found that will take the kit (.223 chamber) but have like a 1:14 to 1:16 twist and no gas hole? Not wanting to get another rifle as I have everything else to assemble one.
Your going to need to order a custom barrel from Shilen or similar. Those don't come cheap either.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's one example that might work for you...

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/CMMG-AR-15-22LR-Barrel-And-Collar-M4-Profile-1-p/cmmg-22d7c4a.htm

You may find others here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=ar+...BwMyLjKgB9oL&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#ip=1

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a CMMG dedicated 22 I bought at H&H several years ago. I wanted it as everything is MISPEC, so can switch uppers and use lower for what ever. It’s a lot of fun to shoot and the only thing I’ve done is pull the conversion kit out and polish the feed ramp good so it feeds anything I run through it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom