240 Walmart next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am wondering if the 240 Walmart will suffer the same plumbing issues the stores in Tulsa? They close at midnight now, and in addition to their own security (not Loss Prevention), they now have off-duty OCSO Deputies working security, in addition to the OCPD officers swinging through to take the perp of the hour. I've probably been to a Walmart twice this year, and that was two times two many, that last stop reaffirmed it.

brown_one2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The closing at midnight is a combination of safety concerns and the fact that there are not a lot of sales between midnight and 6am. Except on the 1st 5th and 10th of the month. Tulsa store closing was a totally different issue not related to plumbing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The closing at midnight is a combination of safety concerns and the fact that there are not a lot of sales between midnight and 6am. Except on the 1st 5th and 10th of the month. Tulsa store closing was a totally different issue not related to plumbing.

I think he meant "plumbing issues"...

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
240 closes at midnight now? I love going to that walmart just to see the variety of people that shop there. I knew I was getting old when my Friday nights were going to WM with my wife instead of the bars.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here we go with the Jade Helm nonsense again.

Nope, not referring to Jade Helm. The plumbing issues were to cover up the real reason for closing, massive levels of "shrink" or loss, which is why I pointed out the changes to security (these are usually reserve deputies, who have to "work" so many hours a month, often unpaid by OCSO). My guess is that due to the increased theft from 12am to 6am due to low staffing levels and less chance of eye witnesses, and increased safety risks to customers and employees are the reasons for the new hours. If that doesnt reduce shrink enough, they'll just close the store for some "issues". The only other time I went to WM this year, was late, and went because it was closer than the 24 hour walmart. A man and woman came flying out of the store with two carts, threw everything in the car, some falling out, and took off. Took the stuff that fell out into the store, gave it to the lone cashier and gave him the tag # since he was already on the phone with PD.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
240 closes at midnight now? I love going to that walmart just to see the variety of people that shop there. I knew I was getting old when my Friday nights were going to WM with my wife instead of the bars.

Used to hit the one on Macarthur years ago when I went fishing at my friends in Mustang. It'd would usually be late at night/early morning, not long after the bars closed. Always got stuck behind some girl paying for 300 worth of crap in $1's, wearing enough glitter lotion to look like a walking disco ball. That one was always the best to people watch late at night lol.

brown_one2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, not referring to Jade Helm. The plumbing issues were to cover up the real reason for closing, massive levels of "shrink" or loss, which is why I pointed out the changes to security (these are usually reserve deputies, who have to "work" so many hours a month, often unpaid by OCSO). My guess is that due to the increased theft from 12am to 6am due to low staffing levels and less chance of eye witnesses, and increased safety risks to customers and employees are the reasons for the new hours. If that doesnt reduce shrink enough, they'll just close the store for some "issues". The only other time I went to WM this year, was late, and went because it was closer than the 24 hour walmart. A man and woman came flying out of the store with two carts, threw everything in the car, some falling out, and took off. Took the stuff that fell out into the store, gave it to the lone cashier and gave him the tag # since he was already on the phone with PD.

Plumbing was a cover for union issues. Couldn't close just one so they closed multiple.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped going to the 1-240 years ago after all the crime in the parking lot. We also have been asked for money there.

MacArtur store is also bad with people begging for money in parking lot. I have complained to the store and they don't care...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom