243 Bullet Impact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the velocity pushing 3300-3400 fps, a 50 yard zero is about 1/2 inch high at 100 and about 1 inch low at 200. Assuming 1.5" scope height. I generally do this for all my deer rifles where I typically hunt. If you have a sand bag or lead sled, pull the bolt and bore sight your gun that way. It's better than anything you stick in the end of your gun including lasers. I find that if I bore sight a rifle at 100 yards, I'm usually only a couple clicks left/right or up/down from being zeroed.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was time in the not to distant past where 4 inches at 100 yards was consider adequate for hunting with factory ammo. Modern ammo usually does better these days

We always look for better. But two inches at 100 is perfectly alright for deer hunting. Consider that your hand is pretty close to the same size as a deer heart, and the average hand is some where around 4 inches wide.

Robert Mettler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe who tee whoo on youtube might have a video on this he has been doing a series on bullet drop he is ighted in at 100 then shoots 50 and 200 to see bullet drop or lack thereof

Latest posts

Top Bottom