264 Win Mag Brass from 7Mm Rem Mag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clackamas Jack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen ADG or Peterson in stock anywhere, and I am unfamiliar with Lapua even making that case.

I did score 200 new Norma cases not too long ago for just under a buck a pop. Up until that point I had been using 1xF Federal brass with good results.

8m curious to see how the 7mm RM and a few others fare once the 7 PRC becomes plentiful.

It appears it could be a mistake by the powder company listed below saying they had 7mm Rem Mag cases from Lapua or could have possibly been a small run actually made by Norma with the Lapua name on it. Either way I think you are right that Lapua probably never made 7mm Rem Mag brass.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201-104912.png
    Screenshot_20230201-104912.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230201-104918.png
    Screenshot_20230201-104918.png
    2 MB · Views: 0

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears it could be a mistake by the powder company listed below saying they had 7mm Rem Mag cases from Lapua or could have possibly been a small run actually made by Norma with the Lapua name on it. Either way I think you are right that Lapua probably never made 7mm Rem Mag brass.

Either way, if you can find it, Norma, ADG, or Peterson is going to make brass that rivals Lapua in quality. I'd definitely look into those and necking down before I bought factory Winchester brass.

Not that I'm crapping on Winchester stuff...much...on purpose.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned a 264 mag and several 7 mags. As other have said its pretty much a lube sizing die deal. I always miked the thickness of the neck and used a neck trimmer to get a consistent 0.012 thickness around the neck. Trim to length and it will be good to go. Another option is to use dies you can change the neck diameter with inserts and get the tension you like and still chamber freely. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom