.28 guage shotguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received a .28 guage Remmington 1100 never heard of 28 guage till now. Can anyone enlighten me to possibly the value? It isn't the ribbed barrel version but it is in like new condition.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just received a .28 guage Remmington 1100 never heard of 28 guage till now. Can anyone enlighten me to possibly the value? It isn't the ribbed barrel version but it is in like new condition.
Most 1100's in 12 ga realistically go from $400 to $600 depending on the model and preservation.
Some lite 20's can go in that range or a tad more. The .28 is a rare one. I have no clue what the value of that firearm is. The ribbed model would be worth more though.
Some sellers will skoff at my prices, but they are in the business of selling. The prices I quoted are what I personally would put out for them and I do have a small collection of the 1100's bought in those price ranges.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is in mint condition, I'd say 1500-1600 with the plain barrel. I sold one 2 years ago for 1800 with a vent rib. I've seen LNIB ones bring well over 2k on Gunbroker. I saw one in mint condition at the Tulsa show, it was priced around 2500. Typical gun show crazy price.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most 1100's in 12 ga realistically go from $400 to $600 depending on the model and preservation.
Some lite 20's can go in that range or a tad more. The .28 is a rare one. I have no clue what the value of that firearm is. The ribbed model would be worth more though.
Some sellers will skoff at my prices, but they are in the business of selling. The prices I quoted are what I personally would put out for them and I do have a small collection of the 1100's bought in those price ranges.
Show me these $400-600 1100’s, and I’ll buy every one and turn a $400-600 profit in short order.
I’ve quit trying to figure out why people pay what they’re willing to pay for stuff.

A 28 gauge is rare, but I see them pop up for sale every once in a while and generally bring a premium.

SRB

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2936.png

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve quit trying to figure out why people pay what they’re willing to pay for stuff.
You are preaching to the choir. It just seems like people never ask themselves "what am I getting for my money" anymore. Nothing magical about an 1100, nothing collectible, just a cheaply made utility gun, they did work though, and Rem made millions of them. Just one more piece of evidence that I'm out of style.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have a vent rib model with chokes. Remington brought them back out with Briley manufactured chokes on the early 90’s if I remember right. I ‘stole’ mine but keep up with the values. GB prices are usually around the 2k mark. I’d say @scott024 is pretty close on his numbers.
On a side note. I get my waterfowl shells from Boss Shotshells. Ducks and geese over decoys is a literal blast! Skeet is a challenge but rewarding after a good round.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing what people will put down to sell stuff. No such thing as “museum-grade”. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Here are the actual grades I believe.

Tournement
Tournement Skeet
Skeet-T
Grade B
Sporting
G3

Personally I’d say from the pictures provided (😉) a good clean Sporting grade should bring $1500.00-$1600. Could you find someone to pay more? Maybe?? No offense intended but I’ve seen far too many “mint” guns that upon finally receiving pictures had slight bluing wear and a ding or two in the wood. Heck, I’ve seen more than one that had been reblued and someone got overly aggressive sanding the wood and the fit to the receiver was now off. If you are really looking for a legitimate estimate on the gun’s value you’re going to have to post pictures. Not sure how anyone can accurately value something they cannot see.
On a positive congratulations on your purchase. Should you decide to keep and use the shotgun you most certainly will enjoy the 28gauge. 👍🏻👍🏻

Latest posts

Top Bottom