1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$289.99 after rebate: Smith & Wesson Model 442 38 Special J-Frame with No Internal Lock

Discussion in 'Steals & Deals' started by FrankNmac, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Old Phart

Old Phart Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nice deal!

I picked up a 640-3, the .357 version, last week. It's my first J-frame and I think I'm going to like it. I made a pocket holster for it and it carries real well.

I swore I would never get one with the damn Hitlery hole infernal lock but I couldn't pass on the price. I'm going to remove the lock and plug the hole.

2. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Let's see your holster please.

3. Old Phart

Old Phart Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Here it is. Sorry for the bad cellphone pictures.

It is made with a built in wedge to press the grip in close to the body and a clip to ride in my pocket where the grip is out of the pocket. I carry it in my right front pocket with my shirt tail out. It's very comfortable and easy to draw and reholster.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

bigred1 likes this.
  4. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nice, always like looking at holsters.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  5. druryj

druryj Devil Dog; Para Frog Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    LOL! Yeah, I let the guy know that these could be had for this low price and they are NEW, and he just replied back that "that's was a nice price". His ad is still up, but he's lowered the price to only $350! C'mon guys; snap it up! It's not "used"; it's "proven". Who knows what you are gonna get if you buy a new one? It might not work! Then whatcha got huh? Yeah, didn't think of it like that did you?

(Sarcasm mode OFF)

We are not allowed to clean up pricing here, or I would have deleted his ad and advised him of why.

bigred1 likes this.
  6. mugsy

mugsy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    He can ask what he wants - it’s no skin off of me.

Oklahomabassin likes this.
  7. Old Phart

Old Phart Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Same here.

The gun is not priced that far out of line compared to many others I see in the classifieds by popular members here.

If you are going to call out one ad you think is overpriced you need to list them all. At least try to be consistent and not favor some over others.

coolhandluke likes this.
  8. Burk Cornelius

Burk Cornelius Sharpshooter

Rating
    66.7%
  9. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think it was the timing of the post here and the post in firearms for sale that made it stick out so bad. IMHO

10. MrShooter

MrShooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

His gun may or may not sell, probably the latter but that was an asshole move putting him on blast like that. Especially coming from a moderator... I see sports man has a damn good price but this price is not typical and is even under dealer price ($350). Hell, buds even has them for $399 *before rebate right now I don't give a rats@ss either, but damn...is there a boys club membership he needs to buy to be one of the cool kids?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/26306/S&W+M442+5RD+38SP++P+1.87

And reading the rules & guidelines...

"Any negative comments, bickering, etc. will be removed from any ads unless the user is pointing out an error in the ad, a defect in the item, or a recall affecting the item." - since this is still technically classifieds

"Personal Attacks - We do not allow personal attacks of any kind. This is stuff like name calling, insinuations of economic status, etc. You’ll get a reminder or a warning and you will be banned from whatever thread you were bickering in. This would include asking if someone is “butt hurt” or posting a waaaaambulance meme to imply that someone is a whiner or crybaby."

"Any content posted with the sole intention to drive traffic elsewhere."