2nd largest lotto in history has one winner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

Mavis Wanczyk won the second-largest lottery prize in U.S. history Wednesday, a $758 million Powerball jackpot that she celebrated by calling in newly rich, telling her longtime employer that she would not be coming to work. Not now, and not ever.

The 53-year-old from Chicopee, Mass., said on Thursday that she was just starting to come down — barely — from the shock and overwhelming excitement of discovering that she held the lone winning ticket.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-history-has-a-winner/?utm_term=.8c25eccdd796

Damm, she came out open mouthing some chewing gum.
I guess at this stage of the game, she can do wtf ever she wants, but if I were going on the national stage, it would be a bit more presentable. I wouldn't go out with a wad of gum.

How would you appear?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be as inconspicuous as possible.

Call a financial adviser.

Put in two week notice.

Probably donate a large amount to various charities.

Buy a house in a rural place, maybe a cheautau overlooking some nice mountains. Become a recluse and spend most my time blowing stuff up.

Pretty much what I do now, with a rich flair. Might upgrade my truck, by some new boots.

Probably squander most of it on various charities. No way I could spend all that money. I'd appreciate the Independence and security though.

Then again, money does things to people...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Today show was just talking about her. Thirty two years at her job (she just quit) grown kids, current plan is to pay off her car then hide in her bed.

I would think thirty two years at her job would get her a retirement check for the rest of her life. Everything else is spending money. I'm sure she'll be stalked by scammers for years to come.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be the invisible man

I wouldn't appear at all. My CPA would appear to collect on behalf of the Alpha-Omega Trust.

Absolutely. My lawyer would claim it on behalf of a trust, I tell myself that I wouldn't tell ANYONE, much less my mother, that woman can't keep a secret to save her life.

Single payout, after taxes, in OK, then 50% goes into a charitable trust for distribution, the other 50% left over is my take-home. This would be used to pay my family's debts, pay my own debts, then start up some businesses to keep us all floating and solvent for the next 50 years or more (forever, hopefully).

If I just up and disappear, I either died, or this happened. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom