2nd largest lotto in history has one winner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The payout before taxes is $480 million. After federal and state taxes, it will leave about $250 million. In order to generate $50 million a year you would have to have 20% returns. Over the last 50+ years the S&P has averaged about 11%, and most of that is taxable. If you can average 20% returns, you're the Oracle of Oklahoma (with apologies to the Oracle of Omaha).
I was thinking higher than $250 mil. Wasnt sure what the payout total was. But yes, I was looking at a growth rate of 11-12% so it generates 30 mil a year and Id pay those taxes and still have all I would ever need without touching the principle.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm firmly in the "Where did so-and-so go" crowd. One of the attorneys I used to work for is a tax attorney now. He would be my first phone call. My second would be to our financial planner.

They would be the only two people I have contact with now that I would continue a relationship with (well, and the old man ... maybe ...:blush:). I would be so far off the radar it wouldn't even be funny.

:bolt:

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was thinking higher than $250 mil. Wasnt sure what the payout total was. But yes, I was looking at a growth rate of 11-12% so it generates 30 mil a year and Id pay those taxes and still have all I would ever need without touching the principle.

Nice! A man could live on that, if he was careful.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"In accordance with the Oklahoma Open Records Act and the Oklahoma Education Lottery Act, the name of any individual, corporation, partnership, unincorporated association, limited liability company, or other legal entity, and their city of residence will be made public. It is important for the public to know the lottery is run honestly. This way the public can be reassured that the prize was won by a real person."

Don't see why a LLC with a Trust couldn't claim the winnings.

And this is EXACTLY why I would disappear once things were set up like I needed them to be. I have enough dead-beat relatives, that they alone would be reason enough to have disfiguring plastic surgery and moving to an island far, far away, never mind the "not-for-profits", "charities", scammers and "friends" ...

Nope, not messing with it. That's what that retainer and monthly payments to my favorite attorney would be for.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this is EXACTLY why I would disappear once things were set up like I needed them to be. I have enough dead-beat relatives, that they alone would be reason enough to have disfiguring plastic surgery and moving to an island far, far away, never mind the "not-for-profits", "charities", scammers and "friends" ...

Nope, not messing with it. That's what that retainer and monthly payments to my favorite attorney would be for.
I myself would enjoy having my man servant standing at the door with an IPad and me on the other end with my iPhone, on face time, telling them to "SUCK IT"

Latest posts

Top Bottom