.32 Winchester Special Case length gauge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the process of gathering up the tools I'll need to start reloading .32 winchester special. I'm having a heck of a time finding a case length gauge in this caliber. Being that 30-30 brass can be resized to load .32 win spl, I was wondering if I can use a 30-30 case length gauge.

What say the experts? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate all of the advice I've gotten in here.

-S

the tR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the process of gathering up the tools I'll need to start reloading .32 winchester special. I'm having a heck of a time finding a case length gauge in this caliber. Being that 30-30 brass can be resized to load .32 win spl, I was wondering if I can use a 30-30 case length gauge.

What say the experts? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate all of the advice I've gotten in here.

-S

really should do more researcs on that... you can do it but its not good for the gun, i believe the neck is different and bullet dia. is larger.......you can still order new brass for it..............

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with calipers? A whole lot more versatile when you catch the bug and start loading dozens of different calibers.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's wrong with calipers? A whole lot more versatile when you catch the bug and start loading dozens of different calibers.

I guess there's nothing wrong with calipers. I'm very new to reloading, and am only now learning the basics. A case length gauge just seemed easier if I could find one.

-S

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could go with something like this ...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=559802

It will measure your .32 Win. Special and a number of others. I would still encourage you to go with calipers. They're not that difficult to read, if you've never learned to read them; and you will find you use them for a countless number of applications!

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could go with something like this ...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=559802

It will measure your .32 Win. Special and a number of others. I would still encourage you to go with calipers. They're not that difficult to read, if you've never learned to read them; and you will find you use them for a countless number of applications!

Thanks for that link. I actually already own and know how to use a set of calipers, and intended to use them to check my work.

I think I maybe should have specified that I wanted to get this type of gauge that works with the Lee case trimmer:

[Broken External Image]

Turns out they have exactly what I'm looking for in stock at Midway. Don't know why I didn't check there.

-S

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that link. I actually already own and know how to use a set of calipers, and intended to use them to check my work.

I think I maybe should have specified that I wanted to get this type of gauge that works with the Lee case trimmer:

[Broken External Image]

Turns out they have exactly what I'm looking for in stock at Midway. Don't know why I didn't check there.

-S

Ah, O.K. That is an entirely different matter. Now, you just need to order enough other stuff from Midway to avoid their small order surcharge! If you need help spending money, let me know!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why you need a really good reloading manual. It'll give you the case length exactly. I think (don't trust me here) that you'll find your case length the same as 30-30.

As to fire forming not being good for a gun, that's the first time I have heard that. Generations of wildcatters have done it to form brass, particularly in the P. O. Ackley chambered rifles. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom