33 years ago today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...I married my best friend.

I still remember the spring of 1984. I had just got my driver's license and one Saturday night up town dragging main, I met the most awesome gal I had ever seen. She laughed at all my jokes, put up with my goofy clothes and had an ass so round, it made you wanna stand up and beg for buttermilk.

I proposed to her on Christmas day of 1985 and we tied the knot on October 18th, 1986 in our small country church, in a ceremony that lasted all of about 5 minutes. Hell, my cousin was just a few minutes late and she missed it.

Anyways, it's been quite a journey from then to now. We've celebrated the births of our daughters, mourned the deaths of parents and other loved ones. Basked in the beauty of a paid off mortgage. Cried over a bancruptcy. Survived hard times with little money, days of hard work, even survived the horror and betrayal of infidelity and recently the incredible birth of two awesome grandsons.

But one thing stands true. Of all the regrets I have over the years with jobs and cars and this and that, I will NEVER regret putting a ring on that gal's finger. She is my right hand. My rock. My constant. My very reason for being and she will always be my wife and best friend.

Here's us in 1986...

20191018_151814.jpg

And us today...33 years later.

IMG953780.jpg

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
having been around weddings for a long time, the old joke is '33 years, heck, it only feels like it's been 33 minutes... (under water)'

But in all seriousness, congrats to you both. There is no denying that it takes work, but it never feels like it. My mother told us at our wedding (because at a quaker wedding you can stand and say whatever you want), "you'll always love the person, even when you don't always like them". Ain't that the truth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom