.38/.357 Die Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Be aware that any crimp increases pressures, it just takes more force to get the bullet moving. I have always used a 'good' roll crimp on .357 revolver loads when I load magnum rounds both to make sure the bullets don't jump and ,I feel, efficiency is improved with slower burning powders.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
use caution with your roll crimps, its easy to put so much crimp on that the rounds wont enter the chambers in the cylinder. Its very frustrating to get to the range or to the hunting camp and find that your ammo won't function because it won't chamber.. Blitzfike

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
use caution with your roll crimps, its easy to put so much crimp on that the rounds wont enter the chambers in the cylinder. Its very frustrating to get to the range or to the hunting camp and find that your ammo won't function because it won't chamber.. Blitzfike

Thanks for the tip. Usually I chamber test my 9mm loads with the extra barrel I have around since I got the threaded one. I'll probably drop them in the cylinder as I empty them from my reloading trays. My process is slow enough already with the turret press that an extra step is no big deal really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom