38 special sd ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you guys buy the Speer 135 gr short barrel loads? Are there any places in Tulsa or OKC or do you order them online? (I prefer to buy from local brick and mortor retail when I can)

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Federal Nyclads are my favorite and I have a good supply, but Speer 135 gr +P JHP Gold Dot is another great round. Corbon DPX is good but the above shoot better in my .38s. I do carry 200 gr DPX in my 696 and 396NG.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Federal Nyclads in my airweight J-frame

Ditto, at least for the summer. I carry the 125 gr standard pressure loads which are a little shy on penetration on bare gelatin and overpenetrate when faced with heavy clothing according to the tests I've seen, but I think the light recoil makes it an acceptable tradeoff. Plus, heavy clothing probably won't be an issue during the summer. The other summer load I would consider would be the Cor-Bon DPX standard pressure load, since that tends to do fairly well in tests.

If I decide to carry the thing during the winter then I'll probably pick up some of Buffalo Bore's Short Barrel Low Flash 158gr LHP loads, since Buffalo Bore pushes those at the ragged edge of "standard pressure."

Latest posts

Top Bottom