4,000 hp motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you even deliver that much power to the ground?
My buddy was telling about how all aspects of these cars are computer controlled, monitored and reported on later to help make them faster. The suspension adjusts 30 times a second during a run to balance the car from front to rear to keep and put maximum traction to the ground. From what I was told, the car is getting too much traction right now and the tires start an aggressive vibration or shaking half way down the track because they aren't slipping and they are wadding up.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interesting. Saw something the other day that goes along a different tangent. A guy built a V8 from scratch, I think someone cast the heads and intake for him but still very cool. Not a high horsepower engine but still very interesting. Even running it has the classic V8 sound. Would be the coolest thing to drop in a gocart and pull up to a regular car and beat them on the coolness factor.

The first part of the video is the initial startup and running. Later on they show the assembly process.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's wadding up the tires at 3,500 HP, how is going to 4,000 going to do anything but make it worse? If the solution is to make the tires slip more, then you're putting less than full power to the ground.

4,000 HP seems more like bragging rights than a practical advantage.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no way to get that much power to the road (all of it) but it may give them more than the other person things have changed a lot since the old days if the car is messing up just plug in the laptop look at what the last pass did and adjust accordingly not like old school where you went off the seat of your pants and your right foot

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Just watch an episode of "Street Outlaws". From boost curves to nitrous delivery to suspension changes, everything is done by computers and can be changed by a few strokes of a laptop's keys. I can remember Cragar's "Six Second Club" for nitro-burning, supercharged, fiberglass-bodied, tube-framed Funny Cars that were just then breaking into the high six second range. Now street cars can do it. Jeff Lutz has run in the high fives with his street-driven Pro Mod. Computer-controlled engine/drivetrain management and suspension management systems make much of that performance possible.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very interesting. Saw something the other day that goes along a different tangent. A guy built a V8 from scratch, I think someone cast the heads and intake for him but still very cool. Not a high horsepower engine but still very interesting. Even running it has the classic V8 sound. Would be the coolest thing to drop in a gocart and pull up to a regular car and beat them on the coolness factor.

The first part of the video is the initial startup and running. Later on they show the assembly process.

Reminds me of the Visible V8 models you could buy in the 70's.
Clear plastic so one could see the pistons/crank/cams/valves moving.

51aAeQCuz8L._AC_US218_.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Freeking impressive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom