4 surveys to take before October to help shape OKC zoning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you take the surveys?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a survey monkey?

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/deeplink?popoutv2=1&version=20210705003.04

Help shape updates to Oklahoma City’s development and zoning codes by filling out online surveys.

You may select more than one poll answer.

The Planning Department is updating development codes to make them easier to understand and use, and meet goals developed under the plan OKC comprehensive plan. Zoning code, sign code and subdivision regulations are among those being updated.

Take one, two, three or all four surveys as they apply to your experience in OKC. Please take the survey by Oct. 2:

1. OKC Downtown - OKC Development Codes Update - Opinion Survey for Downtown

2. OKC Core - OKC Development Codes Update - Opinion Survey for inside the Core

3. OKC outside the core - OKC Development Codes Update - Opinion Survey for Areas outside the Core

4. OKC Rural - OKC Development Codes Update - Opinion Survey for Rural Areas

Spanish: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/okcespanol
Vietnamese: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Khaosatykien

Learn more about the project here. Visit okc.gov/codeupdate for more information about the development code update. Go to okc.gov/news to sign up for City news emails or modify your subscriptions, and be sure to select development code updates.

1629467774033.png

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THAT, was my main gripe. I said hire more police and fire.
Yep, bricktown used be a pretty nice, fun, and safe area up until about 8 months ago. Spent many a night down there and over at Fassler's since my old office was walking distance from it all. You won't catch me down there anymore even during daylight hours since OCPD disbanded the gang task force it lost most of the people that used to patrol down there at night. I would also venture to say the State fair will have more issues as well without the undercover gang units

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their hands are tied my politics and can't do a thing to the transient issue.
I have called a few times on houses with drugs and have been told there is nothing they can do.

Thanks for taking my tax dollars.
I ran into the same problem when I lived in Okc. There was a drug distributor down the street from me. Every Friday like clockwork there was a party and cars with tags from other States parked on the streets.

I called OCPD and waited all day for an officer to stop by and tell me that there was nothing he could do. I called their Narcotics division and they took my information but nothing ever happened. I called Will Rogers divisions and no results.

I finally wrote a personal letter to the police chief. Two days later I received a call from a Lieutenant who acted like he didn’t know what he was talking about. After about ten minutes of telling this Lieutenant about observation, traffic stops and interviews, he said he’d look into it. About two weeks later rumors were running through the neighborhood that the guy on the corner who was living in his grandmothers house and distributing drugs had been arrested on drug charges and she had put her house up for $85k collateral for the bail bond.

My next step was to start calling city council members.

Another option is the Okc action center.

405-297-2535

When I was working for Okc and received an Action Center complaint I was told by my Chief that an answer in response to the complaint with our actions for resolution had to be completed in 48 hours or less. If not, my Chief and immediate supervisor had to explain to the city council why not. When I got one of those, I was told to drop everything else till it was completed.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, bricktown used be a pretty nice, fun, and safe area up until about 8 months ago. Spent many a night down there and over at Fassler's since my old office was walking distance from it all. You won't catch me down there anymore even during daylight hours since OCPD disbanded the gang task force it lost most of the people that used to patrol down there at night. I would also venture to say the State fair will have more issues as well without the undercover gang units
I’ve never really had any problems, day Or night downtown, midtown, or brick town. Midtown is so much better than it was 15 years ago, so I may be biased by that too, much less throw in all the crap holes I’ve had to travel to over the past 10 years.

Just west of downtown, I’ve had issues at night with some mentally ill homeless.

My biggest issue is usually trying to not get run over in cross walks.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like living here. I think that, for the most part, all the work that has been done in the recent 15-20 years have been great improvements. The growth of population and business seems to indicate that somee things are certainly being done well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom