$400 AR 15 Abused And Reviewed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was interested in this but could only stand 2 minutes of the dumb@ssery. :rolleyes2
Chime in at 19 minutes and it gets to almost 5000 rounds and they begin talking about bolt wear and other stuff.
This was shot full auto with a suppressor.
38 minutes 6020 rounds and groups went to the trash.
Then they begin talking about bolt wear and explaining dimensions etc.

Kept me interested.
They ran 3 30 round mag dumps in full auto then let it cool to ambient and then 3 more mag dumps for the testing and some group shooting on paper to see how bad it was getting.

So 19 minutes or so in and to the end and I feel you will be happy.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 AR 15's and all are the Freedom uppers from PSA.
They all work fine for me. I do not mag dump and usually 10 rounds max at paper and then let it cool.
Most of the time it is 5 rounds or less shot at paper and then rest.
Mine should last a very long life.
Only began owning the AR15 7 years ago.
But they are for hunting not hanging with the boys mag dumping.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5000 rounds from a budget grade rifle ---- likely far more than the average AR will ever get fired in its owner's lifetime.

But i would be interested in seeing how a Colt or one of the other rifles mentioned later in that video would look like under a borescope too (BCM, LMT, etc. ) after 5k rounds to provide a control

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a very good review, but I think full auto being how the testing was done makes no sense outside of getting the review done quickly. Full auto wears out any barrel at a highly accelerated rate. Would be interesting to see the same review of a premium gun run on full auto until group size increases similarly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom