460 Rowland ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I went back and forth between the 1911 460 and a Glock20 10mm. Glock won out for several reasons, capacity, ammo availability, ammo cost and mainly if I scratch or drop a glock oh well its Tupperware same as my 30-06.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I contemplated this same question a few months ago and determined that IF I were to make the 460 Rowland an addition to my collection that I would use a Glock 21 as the base platform. This is simply due to the capacity of 13 rnds VS 7-8. In the end I decided that if I need a .44 Mag, then I will just carry my 629.

Mattman5000e

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned one and sold it.

I went through a phase where I was in love with the idea of the magnum caliber autoloader, and they really are cool. I respectfully disagree with Gunbuffer, in that I was shooting about the same with my 460 1911 as I do with a 41, 44, and a 460 XVR. All will turn in dinner plate sized groups at 100 yards if you do your part.

Buuuut, doing so is the norm for all three of those revolvers. The XVR does so in the hydrostatic shock velocity range which is a huge plus, and you can pick up a performance center XVR for less than you'd spend on the Rowland. Wheelguns don't spray brass, and you can load them down (or shoot reduced loads, 44 specials, 45 colts, 454 casulls, etc.).

I just plain think you will have more fun and less problems with a big magnum wheel gun than an autoloader in anything bigger than 10mm. If you happen to be in the Tulsa area, you are welcome to meet me at Tulsa Gun Club and shoot a few side by side. I don't own the Rowland anymore, but I do own a 10mm and a handful of big revolvers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom