6.5mm Speer Hot-Cor Bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up a box of 120 grain 6.5mm Speer Hot-Cor Bullets but can not find any load data for them for a 6.5 Grendel. I've been using Hogdgon BCL 2 powder for my Hornady loads and would like to continue to use it for this load. I looked on Alexander Arms, Speer and Hogodgon's website but couldn't find anything.

Do any of you guys have any data for this load in any of your books?

Thanks for your help.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hodgdon's online Reloading Data Center has several loads for 6.5 Grendel. Unfortunately they do not list data for the Speer 120 Gr Hot-cor bullets, but you could probably get away with using the loading data that they have listed for the Sierra 123 Grain HPBT bullets. The usual cautions apply, like start at the starting load, etc. Here is the link to their Reloading Data Center:

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called and talked to one of the Speer techs and he told me that they didn't have a Grendel test gun, therefor they don't have any load data. Then he went on to tell me that he thinks 120 g is too large of a bullet to shoot in a Grendel. So, I actually ended up taking the Speer bullets back and exchanged them for 120 g Sierra Match Kings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom