6.8 Western Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
270 Win doesn't work in a short action receiver.

Honestly that's not a factor , I have been over that very topic in another thread on this forum. There is not standardization of what a Short action is and more than a few short actions are just as long as overall as a long action.

No never mind the weight savings and shorter bolt stroke are negligible . I have weighed both long and short actions on my scales and weight savings are again not a factor . If the long action keeps you outta the field then you probably shouldn't have gone there with a short action either .

If you prefer the cartridge that's one thing but to argue a short action is the reason is absurd given the above factors .

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly that's not a factor , I have been over that very topic in another thread on this forum. There is not standardization of what a Short action is and more than a few short actions are just as long as overall as a long action.

No never mind the weight savings and shorter bolt stroke are negligible . I have weighed both long and short actions on my scales and weight savings are again not a factor . If the long action keeps you outta the field then you probably shouldn't have gone there with a short action either .

If you prefer the cartridge that's one thing but to argue a short action is the reason is absurd given the above factors .
You might have trouble forcing that 270 Win into a ~2.8" spec magazine.

You said you were yet to see where it doesn't work....I was merely pointing out an instance where it won't work. The debate on weight/length/staying home is tertiary at best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom