Western Oklahoma Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother, my uncle, my wife and I are looking at hunting western Oklahoma this year. For those who hunt out there what advise do you have? We have always been hunting in the woods and small grass openings, longest shots usually under 300 yards, most are 100-150 yards. I hunted Colorado and Utah 25-30 years ago, so much technology has changed since then.

Going next weekend a few of us are heading out to look at what we have scouted online. Planning on taking cameras to snap long distance pics of what we find.

What supplies do you consider essential, other than the rifle and what all it needs.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Western Oklahoma is a fairly broad statement, but I don’t think that you’ll need anything else besides your basic gear. Western Oklahoma consists of small mountain ranges, flat farming land, mesas, and desert areas. It varies greatly from North to South. The only thing that I might suggest is some sort of snake protection. Of course, it depends on where exactly you will be hunting and the time of year. The Western Diamondback got it’s name for a reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom