629 Classic Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JarinWilbourn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just recently moved to Alaska and have a 629 classic 44 mag Im looking to carry for bear. Looking at chest and thigh holsters for it and am not finding a lot of options. Anyone have any experience with either of those style of holsters and have any advice on do and donts as well as recommendations.
Thank you

Bret Collier

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Just recently moved to Alaska and have a 629 classic 44 mag Im looking to carry for bear. Looking at chest and thigh holsters for it and am not finding a lot of options. Anyone have any experience with either of those style of holsters and have any advice on do and donts as well as recommendations.
Thank you
I would love for you to give my work a look. Thanks, Bret

https://www.colliercustomleather.com/

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you
Craft Holsters has a nylon chest rig I carry hunting i love it
Thank you
Craft Holsters has a nice nylon chest rig I carry when hunting. Love it they are made in Slovakia so take a few weeks to a month to get. Have one just ordered 2 more the other day!

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried carrying a 6-1/2" 629 for a while around the ranch here. At first I started with an El Paso Saddlery rig with 2" gun belt and holster. It looked cool, but was definitely in the way.

Then I used a Bianchi 5BHL on a regular (sturdy) belt for a while. Was great for walking around and riding the 4-wheeler, but got in the way again when I was using the tractor or Ranger. Then the 629 became an expensive revolver, so I didn't want to trash one carrying it everyday.

I finally settled on an M&P40 in another Bianchi OWB. The 4.25" barrel doesn't get in the way of anything, and it is a relatively cheap pistol. If I were in Alaska, I'd just substitute a G20.

No experience with chest holsters, but they will get in the way if working on stuff. Probably a good idea though if hiking. I have used cross-draw before, definitely a better alternative if seated behind the wheel a lot.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chest is the most out of way place i've found. would rather put a pistol in my pocket then carry on a belt always in the way gets beat up and catches on everything. have become quite fond of my chest holster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom