7.62 x 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Was going down the ammo list of one of my favorite wholesalers and low and be hold, Winchester is now loading this caliber. It's a 85g. FMJ. It's about time, some of that suplus stuff is crap!

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had surplus that mis-fires or is a 'dud' every 3rd. or 4th round. I have had some that was noticably 'hotter' than others, (SMG ammo?). If nothing else, American made ammo is consistant. I don't read Polish, Hungarian, or Czech at all. Not afraid to pay the American price for American made products, especially if it works and if it doesn't there is some recourse, too much of my money is leaving the country as it is! When a cheap price is 'everything', we soon all will be speaking Chinese.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had surplus that mis-fires or is a 'dud' every 3rd. or 4th round. I have had some that was noticably 'hotter' than others, (SMG ammo?). If nothing else, American made ammo is consistant. I don't read Polish, Hungarian, or Czech at all. Not afraid to pay the American price for American made products, especially if it works and if it doesn't there is some recourse, too much of my money is leaving the country as it is! When a cheap price is 'everything', we soon all will be speaking Chinese.

What pistol are you shooting them in? My VZ 52 would not strike some of the Romanian surplus hard enough to set it off. I replaced the cast firing pin with a steel one and havn't had the same problem again. SMG ammo is a legend but there was some really hot ammo that was out there for awhile. S and B ammo seems to be pretty hot itself. My personal favorite is the Czech ammo 85 gr. on stripper clips, seems very consistant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom