$7 for a jar of mayonnaise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless just being difficult, you can find empty 1 liter, 2 liter and half gallon empty plastic bottles very easily without having to purchase anything.
Not in my house. Scavenge from dumpster? I try to produce quality food from my garden and greenhouse. If I can't produce what I eat, I look for alternatives I can grow/ produce. I prefer to be as self sufficient for what will sustain us. Something in a 2 liter bottle hasn't worked it's way into something I need.

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid 3.20 for a bag of ice the other day that was shrinkflated to 7 lbs, needed it in a hurry. Then finally dug out the old westinghouse metal ice trays for future use.
Check out Braum's "Sonic Type Ice" for $1.79 for 8lb bag.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in my house. Scavenge from dumpster? I try to produce quality food from my garden and greenhouse. If I can't produce what I eat, I look for alternatives I can grow/ produce. I prefer to be as self sufficient for what will sustain us. Something in a 2 liter bottle hasn't worked it's way into something I need.
Empty gallon jugs can even be reused. I see plastic gallon jugs show up in your house or shop.
IMG_20160518_155027957.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most modern kitchens have an ice maker in the fridge now. Bag it up when it is full and put it in the freezer. A lot more user friendly than a 2 liter block of ice in a plastic container

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Chef's Store @ I-240 & Walker is a great place to buy some food items to stock up. Highly recommended.

They also, coincidentally, have a big chest freezer by the front door, take all the frozen ice packs you need to add to your stuff to get home with.

I'm just saying, if you're there and need them, you can get those for free, they're reuseable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom