9mm Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious, need to buy some 9mm, and as you know there are a million brands out there. What do you like to buy when your looking for good inexpensive ammo (fmj and sd)?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the range, Winchester White Box, Blazer, American Eagle, PMC, Magtech, Federal, Sellier & Bellot, Fiocchi, etc. work fine.

For SD, I like Gold Dots, Remington Golden Sabres, Winchester PDX, Double Tap and Buffalo Bore.

You just need to see what you gun likes to eat. If it won't feed Gold Dots, there's not much point in using them.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sgammo.com usually has some deals on sd and plinking ammo. Walmart has federal plinking rounds as well as some reasonably priced hollowpoints.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Luckygunner.com has some good prices on range and SD stuff.

But, don't skimp on your SD ammo. Cutting corners and saving a few bucks in that department can getcha kilt. :bye:

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For practice i like WWB, Federal, and UMC( ive only tried UMC in .45, and .40) for SD carry I use either Powrball, or critical defense. Mainly powrball. Some people have stated powrball doesnt cycle in their firearm. I havent had any problems in my g26 or fnx-9. I just used some Winchester bonded 180gr JHP for my g23 in 40. Its the white box with black lettering. I dont know if they make it in 9mm. Paid $23 for a box of 50, i heard its similar to the winchester pdx1. (PDX1 is another SD round i carry) OK so i buy a box of just about any SD round that is popular. Havent bought gold dot yet, but i see alot of people trust there lives with it. Good luck finding what you and your gun like!

What gun are you shooting this out of? My glock 26 eats everything besides wolf, with the grey casing.

M

Mach1soldier

Cheapest stuff I can get at walmart for plinking rounds. My glock has never jammed or FTF even when I refused to clean it for 2k rounds. Actually finding cheap ammo at walmart is hit or miss though. I still haven't found cheaper 9mm plinking ammo online due to shipping.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the:

Frangible LE Tactical Training

Federal BallistiClean 9mm Luger 98 Grain Frangible LE Tactical Training Box of 50

BallistiClean® RHT® features frangible RHT bullets that break-up immediately on contact with metal targets, significantly reducing ricochet and backsplash danger. All BallistiClean loads feature a copper-plated primer and an "NT" (non-toxic) head stamp to clearly identify BallistiClean as a training round at a glance, eliminating confusion with duty rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom