9mm buffer spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The standard spring and you are good to go. It's the buffer that is specific to a 9MM. You can also get a spacer from Spikes if you want to use a standard buffer with a 9MM. Someone else chime in but I think the 9MM buffer is designed to not let the bolt go as far back because the round is shorter than a 223/556.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on which 9mm buffer you get.
Some are longer to reduce cylce length but some are std length.
9mm buffers are heavier than std buffers to slow down the cyclic rate.
Only use the spacer if you have the std length heavy 9mm buffer.
If you try to use the spacer with the long buffer, your rifle will not cycle far enough back to eject/load a shell.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the spikes 9mm buffer, can someone link the spring I need for sale somewhere, I checked midway and they were out. Other than that I don't know who is a good and dependable online dealer. I am not being lazy, I am just sure you guys have someone you use and like alot and I don't, other than midway.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the spikes 9mm buffer, can someone link the spring I need for sale somewhere, I checked midway and they were out. Other than that I don't know who is a good and dependable online dealer. I am not being lazy, I am just sure you guys have someone you use and like alot and I don't, other than midway.

try brownell's

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one more question, I may have sourced a pistol buffer, tube, and spring. will the spring work in a regular rifle stock tube as well as the pistol tube?